Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Townshend Platforms
To my great surprise they were a total pain to deal with! Took my $ upfront for a pair of custom platforms (their suggestion). Promised several times they would be ready in a few days, and then no email responses for weeks. Really ridiculous.

When I finally got them they didn't quite fit the speakers. I contacted them and they said that it was fine if the speaker bases went beyond the platforms but when I tested their bass isolation it certainly was not as good as I had expected. I could hear bass in the basement when the speakers were on the stands on the first floor, which was not what I had had hoped.

I'm sure I could send them back to the UK and they would send me new ones. But I was so frustrated and fed up with the experience that I put them in the basement and haven't used them since. I've since sent the Grimms that I had them made for for updating. When I get the speakers back I will try again. Maybe I did something wrong in setting them up.

My guess is I had a unique experience and the experience of others will not be like this. But I was not happy.
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

Messages In This Thread
Townshend Platforms - by AaronG - 28-Apr-2016, 18:11
RE: Townshend Platforms - by IanG-UK - 28-Apr-2016, 18:27
RE: Townshend Platforms - by AaronG - 28-Apr-2016, 18:33
Townshend Platforms - by ThiemJ - 28-Apr-2016, 22:30
RE: Townshend Platforms - by AaronG - 02-May-2016, 12:43
RE: Townshend Platforms - by pete86 - 29-Nov-2016, 21:23
RE: Townshend Platforms - by Hifi_swlon - 30-Nov-2016, 10:11
RE: Townshend Platforms - by pete86 - 30-Nov-2016, 15:29
RE: Townshend Platforms - by AaronG - 30-Nov-2016, 23:15