Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bigger Phantom
I too would like a better Phantom or an active speaker from Devialet different from the Phantom. I want the speakers to sound better and work in a home theatre (with an AVR driving the other speakers).

While there are many ways to design an excellent full-range speaker they do sound different. I don't know if different drivers are needed, but since I've heard excellent speakers using many different driver materials, sizes, shapes, and configurations I'm open to any possibility. In any way they accomplish it, a different sound is needed before I'd buy Phantoms. My priorities are sound quality (in my room) for the size and then price. I auditioned the Phantom, loving its imaging and some aspects of detail but hating the boombox bass balance (or some such quality off the bass vs. the mid/high) and missing the ultimate sound quality available from the best passive speakers. I do love my KEF LS50 so got excited at the coaxial driver of the Phantom. I also got excited about the KEF Blade but didn't like the disconnect between the bass and mid/high of the Blade. Maybe I don't like side-firing woofers. They certainly don't seem like a good match with rooms in which the speakers need to be placed near a side wall (especially on one side but not the other).

Messages In This Thread
Bigger Phantom - by Dvlt PhD - 04-Aug-2016, 17:10
RE: Bigger Phantom - by f1eng - 04-Aug-2016, 17:25
RE: Bigger Phantom - by Dvlt PhD - 05-Aug-2016, 16:28
RE: Bigger Phantom - by deviousalet - 06-Aug-2016, 17:42
RE: Bigger Phantom - by Dvlt PhD - 15-Aug-2017, 19:00
RE: Bigger Phantom - by Hifi_swlon - 15-Aug-2017, 20:34
RE: Bigger Phantom - by Damon - 16-Aug-2017, 05:28
RE: Bigger Phantom - by Hifi_swlon - 16-Aug-2017, 10:36
RE: Bigger Phantom - by Dvlt PhD - 16-Aug-2017, 17:00