Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom D200 sales advice needed
Thought I'd run this by the forum before actually listing it at Audiogon. Many here will remember this unit as it took several months to complete and likely/maybe remains to this day the most extensively DIY modified DXXX here. Incredible benefits in both SQ & cooling! Virtually adjustable cooling from 60C to sub 30C. Stupid-efficient German thermal transfer media that's over 70X more efficient than OEM. Completely 100% non-magnetic internals replaced all factory magnetic hardware. 100% of factory finish stripped top/bottom inside & out. Soda blasted and black anodized inside & out, top and bottom. PEM removed and replaced with rhodium-plated Furutech IEC. Wired with top-of-the-line Crystal Cable pure silver/gold leads. WBT 0710 pure silver speaker terminals.

Unit has operated perfectly since finished... nary hiccup... EVER! Aesthetics are PERFECT/MINT... no flaws even under intense lighting and magnification! 100% of everything unit came with will ship with machine

My question to you guys is whatta ya think this unit is worth? I'm reluctant to offer here as both my dealer and the Canadian Importer I purchased this from on May 27 last year have both seen this unit and given me the full 5 year warranty which would likely go away completely if the unit were to go to Europe/Asia. And while I have complete confidence in it I'd hate for someone else to need warranty and not be able to get it simply by virtue of their address.

There was tons of info and pics written and shared here when this work was going on so for those that just might want to know more can easily dig up those old posts with all the facts, details and pictures. Additionally I have 14 years of "perfect/flawless" feedback of both OEM and DIY modified hardware at Audiogon.

Thanks in advance for any/all help!!!
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!

Messages In This Thread
Custom D200 sales advice needed - by Manoet - 14-Dec-2016, 22:29
RE: Custom D200 sales advice needed - by Axel - 19-Dec-2016, 04:09
RE: Custom D200 sales advice needed - by Axel - 20-Dec-2016, 03:03