Poll: Would you benefit from an updated remote control app for the Devialet Expert
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
This would significantly improve my enjoyment of the amplifier
54.55%
48 54.55%
This would offer a modest improvement in the enjoyment of my amplifier
23.86%
21 23.86%
This would offer a very small improvement of the enjoyment of my amplifier
11.36%
10 11.36%
This would make zero difference to the enjoyment of my amplifier
10.23%
9 10.23%
Total 88 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you benefit form an updated iPhone / Android Remote App for the Expert range
It occurs to me that the physical remote control for the Expert remains fundamentally unchanged from the days of the first D-Premier amp.  The same is true for the remote app.
Over time the functionality of the amp itself has increased significantly, we now have SAM, adjustment of SAM %, RAM, with 'on the fly' adjustability, DPM, ICM, and so on.  It is also entirely possible that that this range of functionality will increase in the future. 
OK, there is not much that can be done with the physical remote and small display.  However, the remote app could be updated to allow full control of all of the current features, together with a clear display that could indicate all current settings, not just the SAM and RAM stuff, but basic settings like bass and treble.
So here is the poll question.  How much benefit would you get from a decent remote app?  Would it increase the pleasure you get from you Devialet amp?
You might ask what the point of this poll is.  My answer would be that I believe Devialet do read this forum even if the elect not to participate, and if the poll indicates that this would be a popular feature, then this could be extrapolated to adding considerable showroom appeal to the Devialet Pro, more sales and more profit.  Why not? It's a win win! (or maybe, depending on how the vote turns out)
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
Would you benefit form an updated iPhone / Android Remote App for the Expert range - by Confused - 18-Dec-2016, 17:32