Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaker advice upgrading from Kef ls50 ($2000-4000)
(18-Feb-2017, 00:48)flohmann Wrote: Very strong recommendation for a used pair of Dynaudio Confidence C1 speakers, which should fall right in that price range. Relatively small, nice looking, surprisingly deep bass for the size (esp compared to your KEFs), magnificent Esostar tweeter, SAM ready. When I went to upgrade, I had to step way up to exceed them (to Magico). Perfect for smaller rooms.

I was actually comparing Contour 1.4 LE vs Contour 20 for that matter. Both have Esotar2 tweeters. Did you hear them or compare to the C1?

(17-Feb-2017, 10:17)Soniclife Wrote:
(17-Feb-2017, 07:38)Emerald Wrote: Unfortunately 90% of the speakers are imported by order after i confirm and deposit full price.

Not being able to listen to speakers before purchase at all is really tough. Is there an active second hand market where you live?

There is a second hand market that is a hit or miss in audio gear. There is only one speaker worth mentioning, which is Focal Diablo Utopia III. He sells these for $6300 including Tellurium Q Black Ultras and Original Utopia Stands.

I really don't know if Diablo Utopias are worth extending to 6k. I might need focal owners feedback.

(17-Feb-2017, 11:08)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(17-Feb-2017, 10:17)Soniclife Wrote:
(17-Feb-2017, 07:38)Emerald Wrote: Unfortunately 90% of the speakers are imported by order after i confirm and deposit full price.

Not being able to listen to speakers before purchase at all is really tough. Is there an active second hand market where you live?

Yeah, that's tricky, since even with the best will in the world, the best advice here is not necessarily going to agree with your ears, room, etc.

Have you tried adding room EQ? You never know, and it would be a lot less expensive.

Can you suggest an EQ mic/dsp or the needed gear to do them?
Mac Mini ----> Audioquest Diamond USB ---> Devialet Expert 250 ---> AudioQuest Meteor ---> Focal Scala Utopia

Messages In This Thread
Speaker advice upgrading from Kef ls50 ($2000-4000) - by Emerald - 18-Feb-2017, 08:42