Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wilson Audio SabrinaX
I had a listen at a local hifi dealer. Amp was big pure A-class Accuphase and source was Qobuz. At first it seemed very solid and well integrated. Like the sound came out effortlessly. When I listened more I noticed nice openness and separation and how it layered sound in a very interesting way and it was getting better the more I listened. I loved to listen to them and I plan to visit the store again with my Devialet with me to really test them more and play with even different firmware versions and SAM setting. I actually have an old 250 model in which I prefer the old 7 firmware for its most tube like sound. I think the newer firmwares sound a little flat and a bit dry, although they have more detail and better stereo image (9 and 10). 8 is like 7 but with SAM and sound a more tiring and forced at least with my PMC Twenty5.26. I have had many of the firmwares for a long time but 7 is the most easy to listen and in the end that is the one I have come back to. I may have different taste than many other people though. I have been thinking about a newer Devialet but fear that the sound is going for a direction I do not like personally but the Pro models are said to be different but how many have a good comparison between a unit running firmware 7. I may have already sold the Devialet if there was not the version 7. I also recently preferred an old Pathos amp on my holiday home to a newer model for pretty much the same reasons, the old one had more air and dynamic feel eventhough less detail but for me it evoked more feeling. I guess everyone has their own taste and you really have to listen to yourself. But I loved what I heard about Sabrina X so far, it could really touch me with a few records that I was familiar with me. Eerlier with the same amp I did not like PMC Fact 12 Signatures that much, which was a bit surprising for me. But with Wilsons the Accuphase was very nice.

Messages In This Thread
Wilson Audio SabrinaX - by philoouu - 08-Sep-2020, 11:14
RE: Wilson Audio SabrinaX - by BoyScout - 08-Sep-2020, 11:57
RE: Wilson Audio SabrinaX - by philoouu - 08-Sep-2020, 12:21
RE: Wilson Audio SabrinaX - by BoyScout - 08-Sep-2020, 23:41
Wilson Audio SabrinaX - by philoouu - 18-Sep-2020, 02:36
RE: Wilson Audio SabrinaX - by BoyScout - 18-Sep-2020, 15:13
RE: Wilson Audio SabrinaX - by ICUDoc - 18-Sep-2020, 05:28
Wilson Audio SabrinaX - by philoouu - 20-Sep-2020, 05:03
RE: Wilson Audio SabrinaX - by ilpohokkanen - 11-Nov-2022, 17:32