Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power Cables
Audience AU24se like the rest of my cables, I think they are excellent Smile
Naim nac-n 272, Naim nap-300, PMC Fact 12, Audience AU24SE power cables, Oppo BDP-103D
I use the MCRU No27. Decent made cable and seems to work well. Does the Sarum cable come with a smaller IEC connector to normal to fit under the rear plate of the amp ?

James

Melco N1A > Meicord Opal > Devialet 220 Pro > Mogami 2972 > Shahinian Compass
(28-May-2014, 20:59)james n Wrote: I use the MCRU No27. Decent made cable and seems to work well. Does the Sarum cable come with a smaller IEC connector to normal to fit under the rear plate of the amp ?

James

Hi James - welcome to Devialet Chat! Smile

I'm sure Chord would be more than happy to provide a smaller IEC to fit under the plate. In fact I had that very thing when I still had my Linn Klimax DS (which really didn't have any space for a larger IEC). Since switching to Devialet I sent mine back to have the larger IEC fitted. I can't see the backs of my units when they sit on my rack therefore I'd rather have the bigger connectors.

The Sarum TA power cables are fantastic, well worth an audition IMHO.

By the way I understand Shunyata developed a specific power cable for the Devialet too, not sure if you can get that with a UK plug though.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
I've tried a number of other mains cables in my system including Chord Sarum TA (which are excellent by the way!) and Sablon. I didn't try the Petit Coronas only the Grand and Quantum. For some reason these didn't sound good in my system, speaking to Mark at Sablon (a true gentleman by the way!) he suggested that this might be due to a clash with my Transparent XL digital cables (which connect my two units and also the MiND 180) due to their high copper content.

Guillaume
[/quote]

Guillaume, great idea to have launched this forum, well done. On power cables, I am a very happy owner of Sablon Quantum and Gran Corona. The former feeds my Bybee Stealth purifier (with furutech's rhodium sockets), the latter connects the purifier to the Devialet. The impact of the power tweaks on the Devialet's sound quality is significant - notwithstanding the effect of the purifier, the Sablon adds transparency, detail, and improve meaningfully the bass (IMOO the power tweak drive a better result than adding a second Devialet in my system, which I have tried for a couple of weeks). Then I tried Sablon's panatela speakers cables and after two weeks of trial decided to purchase them (replacing nanotec's amazing sp79 sr/special which are going to feed my newly acquired Boenicke W5 monitors). The panatela brought fluidity and additional musicality to the Sophia's... I wonder if there are synergies at play here among the various Sablon-made cables?
(28-May-2014, 22:03)GTX Wrote: I've tried a number of other mains cables in my system including Chord Sarum TA (which are excellent by the way!) and Sablon. I didn't try the Petit Coronas only the Grand and Quantum. For some reason these didn't sound good in my system, speaking to Mark at Sablon (a true gentleman by the way!) he suggested that this might be due to a clash with my Transparent XL digital cables (which connect my two units and also the MiND 180) due to their high copper content.

Guillaume

Guillaume, great idea to have launched this forum, well done. On power cables, I am a very happy owner of Sablon Quantum and Gran Corona. The former feeds my Bybee Stealth purifier (with furutech's rhodium sockets), the latter connects the purifier to the Devialet. The impact of the power tweaks on the Devialet's sound quality is significant - notwithstanding the effect of the purifier, the Sablon adds transparency, detail, and improve meaningfully the bass (IMOO the power tweak drive a better result than adding a second Devialet in my system, which I have tried for a couple of weeks). Then I tried Sablon's panatela speakers cables and after two weeks of trial decided to purchase them (replacing nanotec's amazing sp79 sr/special which are going to feed my newly acquired Boenicke W5 monitors). The panatela brought fluidity and additional musicality to the Sophia's... I wonder if there are synergies at play here among the various Sablon-made cables?
[/quote]

Hi GTX, that's great to hear. Keep hearing good stuff about Sablon and Mark is a lovely chap. How are you finding SAM for the Sophia 3? Wink

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
I like the SAM for the Sophia3 a lot. On some type of music it is excellent (jazz, girl with piano, acoustic guitar). For some other type (Pink Floyd, complex classical) I prefer without (I feel that with SAM I lose on soundstage depth / separation among instruments). What is your experience?
(28-May-2014, 23:17)GTX Wrote: I like the SAM for the Sophia3 a lot. On some type of music it is excellent (jazz, girl with piano, acoustic guitar). For some other type (Pink Floyd, complex classical) I prefer without (I feel that with SAM I lose on soundstage depth / separation among instruments). What is your experience?

I generally find that I leave it on all the time now, having said that I listen to a lot of electronic music and sometimes it's a bit too much given how it seems to boost the lower register (a bit like an "old skool" loudness button!). That might also be my room modes complaining! I actually really like it with Jazz and classical music, particularly orchestral. I find it gives a bit more texture to strings, in particular cellos and double basses.

I particularly like how you can dial it out using the remote... have you tried that?

Guillaume

UK
(28-May-2014, 21:35)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(28-May-2014, 20:59)james n Wrote: I use the MCRU No27. Decent made cable and seems to work well. Does the Sarum cable come with a smaller IEC connector to normal to fit under the rear plate of the amp ?

James

Hi James - welcome to Devialet Chat! Smile

I'm sure Chord would be more than happy to provide a smaller IEC to fit under the plate. In fact I had that very thing when I still had my Linn Klimax DS (which really didn't have any space for a larger IEC). Since switching to Devialet I sent mine back to have the larger IEC fitted. I can't see the backs of my units when they sit on my rack therefore I'd rather have the bigger connectors.

The Sarum TA power cables are fantastic, well worth an audition IMHO.

By the way I understand Shunyata developed a specific power cable for the Devialet too, not sure if you can get that with a UK plug though.

Guillaume

Thanks Guillaume - worth a future audition i think Smile

James

Melco N1A > Meicord Opal > Devialet 220 Pro > Mogami 2972 > Shahinian Compass
Can Chord Sarum be used with the back-cover on?
Naim nac-n 272, Naim nap-300, PMC Fact 12, Audience AU24SE power cables, Oppo BDP-103D
I found the switching mode power supply of my 250 not really taking care of different power cabling. I use a homemade Lapp Ölflex CY110 4 mm all the way to my central break box unit in the cellar, However it helped a lot to ban power line / microwave / induction plates etc from the power phase the devialet is connected to,
Bricasti M1 SE DAC -> Pass labs XP30 & XP25 phono -> Bryston B28sst2 -> Sonus Faber Amati Futura  -> JRiver MC 21 -> Synology NAS / Quboz  - Denon DP 7000 SME 5012
D1000pro -> Magico V2 -> Fanless NUC i5 (Broadwell) -> Jriver MC 21/ Bauer DPS3i / Lyra Kleos