Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
ROON
Nope, but they're considering adding it.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Just on a 14-day trial and, well, wow. Really unique and intuitive interface. Incredibly well thought through. Room for improvement (Devialet AIR support is a little buggy) and no iPad / iPhone app yet (not sure there will be an iPhone app sadly), but this really pushes what you can expect / get from a dedicated music library manager.

Move over JRiver and, pretty much, everything else I've ever used before. Roon is here!
Yeah I like Roon after one day of playing with it. With Roon, I discovered hidden jewels in my NAS music collection which I never know I have before. Its Radio functionality is a plus for me. Tidal integration is excellent, much better than Tidal's desktop app.

从我的 iPad 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Roon+Tidal is perfect if you live in China and subscribed to Tidal service. I had been playing for more than 5 hours and everything goes smoothly. I can never achieve this with Sonos, Bluesound or Tidal desktop app. And, as I said, Roon's radio (and/or genre) play function is a great feature.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

I tried using roon via the iMac upstairs, it played but then the sound started crackling, tried eth and air.

Had a windows 8 nuc and I couldn't get it to play using the new air 2.1.3, every time I connected via splashtop the music would play through my device also either air or roon would crash randomly...not sure if this is a devialet issue though.

I may try the nuc again but connect via USB this time not that I have installed the drivers.
I may just stick to the squeezebox touch.

A Linux build on a raspberry Pi could be good.
Devialet 120 <> Cremona Auditor M <> roon core running on my iMac via Air Ethernet with iPad/Android remote.
MQA via Tidal app also plays great but not as user friendly as have to use splashtop app to control remotely.
I have played through AIR and USB, both are fine. AIR may cause white noise intermittently when I was checking the wifi connection on my Mac. I think on Roon's forum, they mentioned that NUC is not supported at the moment. Not very sure about this, though.

In any case, this is by far the best music library & player I have ever used.

The nuc celeron running win 8.1 via USB into the 120 plays ok, sound is ok. Still think it sounds better out of the SBT via USB...and the Tidal integration is flawless as I can also use orange squeeze for android and ipeng for iOS..no radio though.

Eventually got it to work using air on the nuc, sounds a bit better. The interface plugged into the hdmi port on TV is great as is the radio function.....I like the gui but for me I hope they work on improving the sound quality and a remote app for iOS and android.

I'll leave the iMac as the sound degraded badly with the air setup...

All my gear is connected using Ethernet not wifi.
Devialet 120 <> Cremona Auditor M <> roon core running on my iMac via Air Ethernet with iPad/Android remote.
MQA via Tidal app also plays great but not as user friendly as have to use splashtop app to control remotely.
Hugely excited about this.

Was disappointed to read that Qobuz support is unlikely unless it moves out of bankruptcy protection, and that there's no remote ap yet. But if they release a remote - as a headless mac user - I'll definitely be exploring.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Thumbs Up 
Been playing with Roon for a couple days now and I have to say it is pretty amazing.  There is so much I love about it that I hardly know where to begin, but the killer for me is just letting a stream of music just unfold naturally, surfing the metadata from track to track, seamlessly between my own collection and TIDAL, while reading fascinating information about the artists and the music.  This is simply fantastic (and stability over AIR-ETH so far not a problem).

Please, please Devialet, open The Dialog/Phantom APIs to this.  That would be a match made in heaven!
(17-May-2015, 19:23)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Hugely excited about this.

Was disappointed to read that Qobuz support is unlikely unless it moves out of bankruptcy protection, and that there's no remote ap yet. But if they release a remote - as a headless mac user - I'll definitely be exploring.

Are they still in bankruptcy protection? Have read a few articles and they all seem to stop about it in October last year.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers