Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
HiFi news show 24th 25th October
Devialet is exhibiting at this show in Old Windsor (UK) though it is not clear whether this is both Expert and Phantom or just Phantom.

Pretty much exclusively high end stuff - the exhibitors include:

[*]AudioQuest
[*]Audio Research Corp
[*]Computer Audio Design
[*]Constellation Audio
[*]Crystal Cable
[*]D'Agostino Master Systems
[*]darTZeel
[*]dCS
[*]Devialet Phantom
[*]Furutech
[*]Jeff Rowland 
[*]KEF
[*]Krell Industries
[*]Linn
[*]Magico
[*]Magnepan 
[*]Mark Levinson
[*]MartinLogan
[*]Melco
[*]Metronome
[*]Oppo
[*]PS Audio
[*]Quad
[*]Sonus faber
[*]Stax
[*]Stillpoints
[*]TAD
[*]Transparent Audio
[*]Wilson Audio

Was a very good show last year
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Yes I'm definitely going to this, it was excellent last year.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
It was - Guillaume and I agreed that the best sound came from Max Townshend's room - no mention of him this year but he may get added later.
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

England
(04-Oct-2015, 11:51)IanG-UK Wrote: It was - Guillaume and I agreed that the best sound came from Max Townshend's room - no mention of him this year but he may get added later.

I'll probably go again too, I enjoyed it the last 2 years.
Max Townshend is one of the few people in the business making tweaks which make sound engineering sense (pun intended)
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

The Devialet "UK Ambassador"(!) tells me they have decided not to exhibit at this show because they are not being offered a room with good acoustics.
MacBook Pro (with Air)

England
Um...so...Is Devialet represented at all this year then, or have they pulled out completely? Huh
I would go if they are there....
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.
Think I have answered my own question!
They are not in the list of exhibitors it seems!

Shame!
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.
(12-Oct-2015, 20:45)IanG-UK Wrote: The Devialet "UK Ambassador"(!) tells me they have decided not to exhibit at this show because they are not being offered a room with good acoustics.

Hi Ian

That didn't seem to stop them in Munich where, from what I understand, the sound from Devialet (Phantoms) was not the best Big Grin.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(13-Oct-2015, 18:50)brit Wrote:
(12-Oct-2015, 20:45)IanG-UK Wrote: The Devialet "UK Ambassador"(!) tells me they have decided not to exhibit at this show because they are not being offered a room with good acoustics.

Hi Ian

That didn't seem to stop them in Munich where, from what I understand, the sound from Devialet (Phantoms) was not the best Big Grin.

David

Hi David

Well, I contacted Joachim and suggested that that did not repeat the Munich Phantom effort at the HiFi News show - but instead should try to demonstrate Phantom as a high end competitor.

In the event they pulled out of the show entirely. I think they were due to show only Phantoms anyway.

I am reluctant to believe it is simply a room acoustics issue - particularly for a design like the Phantom which I suspect is less sensitive to room issues than most speakers.
MacBook Pro (with Air)

England
Anyone going? I think I'm going to go down on Sunday am. Be good to see some of you there  Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK