Poll: Do you own/use a turntable with your Devialet?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I own & frequently use my turntable
54.41%
37 54.41%
Yes, I own but rarely use my turntable
26.47%
18 26.47%
Yes, I own but no longer use my turntable
1.47%
1 1.47%
No, I don't own a turntable but I'm considering getting one
8.82%
6 8.82%
No, I don't own a turntable and I'm not interested in getting one
8.82%
6 8.82%
Total 68 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How many Devialet owners use a Turntable?
I own a Rega RP10 turntable which is connected to my Devialet 200.

I find that I'm using my turntable less-and-less due to the fact that my streamer is so much more convenient and can provide music for hours at a time.

I find that the older I'm getting the less patience I have to deal with the usual analog rituals: open dust cover, remove LP from packaging & place LP on platter, brush LP, brush stylus, listen & flip over after 20 minutes, repeat...

So out of curiosity, how many Devialet owners still own & use a turntable?
I do, still love vinyl. The ritual, for me at least, helps to get me in the mood to really listen to a complete album. I find I rarely listen to a complete album if I stream. I also like the big album art. Somehow the sound also seems more "organic", but I reckon that's just mainly in my head.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
Never had one TBH (well, not a decent one, we had some crappy ones at home when I was a kid).

Not being interested is a bit harsh though…. I love the idea of it, but I don't really have the space (or any albums).  Plus I sense it would be another thing to cause a load of extra fuss and has tweakery potential which I could really do without.

I sort of wish I had a hipster friend who was really into vinyl and had an amazing setup I could listen to every now and again to see what all the fuss is about and be part of the vinyl set.  But….. now the CDs are digitised and in the loft, I don't see myself going back from 'served' music.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I also still love the ritual of selecting the album, removing it from it's jacket, placing it on the turntable, cleaning it and dropping the cartridge.  Yes, I'm a bit of a dinosaur and it reminds me of years gone by.   But in reality, I'm also busy and lazy and rarely spin vinyl much these days.  On the other hand, I don't think I'll ever get rid of the turntable or sell my vinyl.  

I will say that the Devialet's phono pre works exceptionally well with my vinyl rig and MC cartridge.

For me, vinyl can still trump digital with the right album and setup, but most of the time, not so much.  Many of my albums are 30+ years old and full of pops and ticks.  You don't see those kind of problems with digital (well, unless you've ripped vinyl ;-).   And nothing is easier than pressing the play button on music streaming.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Still use my turntable and it sounds great but with the Devialet its the first time both I and Her (the Boss) agree that digital is as good or almost as good as phono.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(26-Jan-2016, 15:38)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Never had one TBH (well, not a decent one, we had some crappy ones at home when I was a kid).

Not being interested is a bit harsh though…. I love the idea of it, but I don't really have the space (or any albums).  Plus I sense it would be another thing to cause a load of extra fuss and has tweakery potential which I could really do without.

I sort of wish I had a hipster friend who was really into vinyl and had an amazing setup I could listen to every now and again to see what all the fuss is about and be part of the vinyl set.  But….. now the CDs are digitised and in the loft, I don't see myself going back from 'served' music.

Sums up what I think too. Not used vinyl for over 30 years now.......but I do miss the sleeves, the artwork and all that goes with it. Don't even have room for CDs now so vinyl not going to return for me

Great thread to start though
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
I have a Voyd turntable, fitted with Helios Orion arm and Audio Technica AT OC9 moving coil cartridge, which I still use on a fairly regular basis, as the mood takes me. Maybe not as convenient as streaming, but I still like the sound of vinyl through the Devialet phono stage.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
I use a Marantz TT15S1 (Clearaudio built) with my Devialet 200 and JMR cantabile 10th anniversary speakers.

I did a test listening the same album on Qobuz Hi Res streamed and on Vinyl: Supertramp, the track: School.
I felt the vinyl had a better balance in all the instruments played and from my personal point of view, I never listened a better version of School.
The stream although Hi Res, can be sometime a bit aggressive.
I bought very old vinyl and rediscovered albums (creedence clearwater; JJ Cale, ...).
However, the usage I have with my turntable is not a day to day usage, it is really for treasures.
I have 4 turntables and enjoy the euphonic colouration they add, each one different.
I have bursts of playing LPs but the record players probably get less than 5% of the overall time listening to music, despite representing a substantial proportion of the budget.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

I've damaged the cantilever on my cartridge so my tt is currently 'resting' whilst I decide whether to 'invest' in a new one Sad

I've actually been using my tt at lot less anyway mainly because I've been spending many happy hours exploring Qobuz.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)