Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Devialet predictions for 2016 (The Devialet Almanac 2016)
- Dialog for expert..
- Phantom surround (pretty good sources saying this will come in time for Münich)
- And the long shot: RoomPerfect from Lyngdorf incorporated with SAM. (I dream about this at night).
- And probably something none of use would ever guess..
Devialet 400 - Bowers & Wilkins CWM8.3 - Bluesounde Node2
(11-Jan-2016, 21:41)Fred Wrote: - And probably something none of use would ever guess..

Ha!  I'll go with that one too! Big Grin
(09-Jan-2016, 17:45)blair.athol Wrote: Well, at least Qobuz output via Air Ethernet works flawlessly from my Mac to th D200 and sound is great.  I just had to select audio output to Devialet Air in the Qobuz app on the Mac. I am just missing the same on wireless devices such as the iPad as I can only stream via Airplay from there. Airplay requires another tool such as Apple TV which is of course not perfect.

IMac/AIR/Qobuz works perfectly for me too.  

If you do want the convenience of controlling Qobuz from an iPad then you could try a Google Chromecast Audio.  I've been playing with one for a couple of a weeks and it works extremely well. SQ not as good as AIR but it's still pretty good. Worth a try for £30.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(12-Jan-2016, 00:18)PhilP Wrote:
(09-Jan-2016, 17:45)blair.athol Wrote: Well, at least Qobuz output via Air Ethernet works flawlessly from my Mac to th D200 and sound is great.  I just had to select audio output to Devialet Air in the Qobuz app on the Mac. I am just missing the same on wireless devices such as the iPad as I can only stream via Airplay from there. Airplay requires another tool such as Apple TV which is of course not perfect.

IMac/AIR/Qobuz works perfectly for me too.  

If you do want the convenience of controlling Qobuz from an iPad then you could try a Google Chromecast Audio.  I've been playing with one for a couple of a weeks and it works extremely well. SQ not as good as AIR but it's still pretty good. Worth a try for £30.
Good to read that Air and Qobuz works perfectly for you as well. Apple TV might be the same in regard to sound quality as Google Chromecast Audio. It is ok but less good as Air. So I am still looking forward for Air integration into mobile devices to be able to stream to my Dev200 without the need of additional devices.
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
[deleted, since I'd already posted and forgotten]

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Improved control app. Much easier than re-engineering the remote to mirror the tiny display on the Expert boxes themselves.

Fraser
Improved control app. Much easier than re-engineering the remote to mirror the tiny display on the Expert boxes themselves.

Fraser
Has anybody heard of a future release which would allow the Devialet amps to be the center of a 5.1 surround system ?
I don't think it'll ever happen. Current models are clearly targetted for stereo although they can be used as pass through amplifiers for the two front channels and even the subwoofers when you have a surround pre/pro that can mix the sub/LFE channel into the FL+FR channels (I have it set up like this personally).

IMO they'd need Dolby/DTS surround sound decoders, HDMI in-/outputs and probably more analog (pre)outputs to be useful as "the center" in a surround system.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
So spurred on by the news of the April Devialet gathering in the other thread, i thought i would come along here to add my predictions.
Being a global gathering i am edging towards some big news as opposed to just updates and although a working AIR solution would indeed be big news for a lot of us i cant see it happening due to the huge possibility of a new AIR solution bombing and Devialet having egg on their face.

Again i cant see a new line of Experts with trickled down updates from the Original d'Atelier. Although this being a logical step i would have seen them doing this in parallel with the Original d'Atelier release and having it as the so called headliner act. The Original d'Atelier in my view was more of a publicity stunt than anything else for which it indeed worked and got the Devialets in the press.

So then onto the phantons. Surround sound integration must be high on their list and worthy of a gathering and demo. Maybe even iphantom minis ?? now that could be interesting especially as a surround sound configuration.

In all honesty i don't have a clue but hope that the anticipation isn't misplaced ...roll on April Smile
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England