Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Startup volume & standby time
Hi all - long time lurker and (finally) 4-month owner of D200.

Couple of (well three) quick questions since I can't find answers through Forum Search or Google:-

1. Can I change the default startup volume from -34dB to something a little louder?
2. Can I change the time at which the amp goes into standby/idle mode?
3. When in standby/idle, is there a way for it to wake up when it receives a signal on the currently-selected input?

If these are typical newbie/ really stupid questions then please feel free to have a go, but preferably after you've pointed me to the answers, at which point I'll grovel in a suitable fashion . . .  Big Grin

Otherwise, loving "la petite boîte à pizza française" after my collection of olive Naim boxes.

Cheers from a sunny Algarve.
Lounge : D200, Dynaudio Contour 1.8 Mk II, Squeezebox Touch, Musical Fidelity X-Ray (CD Transport), Linn LP12/Ittok 3/Dynavector DV10x5, Chord Clearway & Carnival cables; Study : Squeezebox Touch, Revox PR99 MkII, NAD D 3020, Epos K1; Terrace: Squeezebox Touch, Audioengine A5+; Garage : Squeezebox 2; Rotel  RA-820BX, MA R252; assorted other Squeezebox products dotted around the place; Music Server : iMac 5K 32GB 3TB fusion drive, OSX & BootCamp W10, LMS, FLAC / MP3; Router : Huawei B310 4G; Ripping : dBpoweramp; Library Management : MediaMonkey; Location : East Algarve, Portugal

(02-Apr-2016, 15:53)GRC Wrote: Hi all - long time lurker and (finally) 4-month owner of D200.

Couple of (well three) quick questions since I can't find answers through Forum Search or Google:-

1. Can I change the default startup volume from -34dB to something a little louder?
2. Can I change the time at which the amp goes into standby/idle mode?
3. When in standby/idle, is there a way for it to wake up when it receives a signal on the currently-selected input?

If these are typical newbie/ really stupid questions then please feel free to have a go, but preferably after you've pointed me to the answers, at which point I'll grovel in a suitable fashion . . .  Big Grin

Otherwise, loving "la petite boîte à pizza française" after my collection of olive Naim boxes.

Cheers from a sunny Algarve.
I don't think anyone will have a go for asking a question at Devialetchat GRC, it's much too classy Wink

1 & 2 can be set in the configurator, can't remember where but they're in obvious places.
I don't think 3 is possible.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Doh! Obvious really (with hindsight).  Was looking on the D200's system menu.  1 & 2 in General settings on the left of Configurator - never been there until now.  Confused   Thanks!

Shame about 3. - kind of wake-on-LAN-ish ñ'est ce pas chéri?
Lounge : D200, Dynaudio Contour 1.8 Mk II, Squeezebox Touch, Musical Fidelity X-Ray (CD Transport), Linn LP12/Ittok 3/Dynavector DV10x5, Chord Clearway & Carnival cables; Study : Squeezebox Touch, Revox PR99 MkII, NAD D 3020, Epos K1; Terrace: Squeezebox Touch, Audioengine A5+; Garage : Squeezebox 2; Rotel  RA-820BX, MA R252; assorted other Squeezebox products dotted around the place; Music Server : iMac 5K 32GB 3TB fusion drive, OSX & BootCamp W10, LMS, FLAC / MP3; Router : Huawei B310 4G; Ripping : dBpoweramp; Library Management : MediaMonkey; Location : East Algarve, Portugal

Welcome, GRC. The closest we can get to your third question is currently to configure our Devialet to use the last active input. I've asked Devialet for auto-input selection (switch to the input with an active signal). They liked that idea and said they'd investigate it. I like your suggested option to wake and auto-select when an input becomes active, so I suggest that you ask Devialet Support for that (but don't hold your breath for any changes).
(02-Apr-2016, 20:31)deviousalet Wrote: Welcome, GRC. The closest we can get to your third question is currently to configure our Devialet to use the last active input. I've asked Devialet for auto-input selection (switch to the input with an active signal). They liked that idea and said they'd investigate it. I like your suggested option to wake and auto-select when an input becomes active, so I suggest that you ask Devialet Support for that (but don't hold your breath for any changes).

Am I right in thinking that even in standby/idle mode the D200 is still sufficiently alive to recognise an input signal?  After all, it can respond to a "soft" power-on signal from the remote . . .  

Apologies if this sounds dumb but I'm really not completely up to speed with all this stuff - I grew up on crystal sets, 1-valve SW radios, ex-WW2 communications receivers and graduated to designing / building 12AX7 + EL84 et al amplifiers (but dual-mono I'll have you know . . .  Big Grin)

(03-Apr-2016, 00:10)GRC Wrote:
(02-Apr-2016, 20:31)deviousalet Wrote: Welcome, GRC. The closest we can get to your third question is currently to configure our Devialet to use the last active input. I've asked Devialet for auto-input selection (switch to the input with an active signal). They liked that idea and said they'd investigate it. I like your suggested option to wake and auto-select when an input becomes active, so I suggest that you ask Devialet Support for that (but don't hold your breath for any changes).

Am I right in thinking that even in standby/idle mode the D200 is still sufficiently alive to recognise an input signal?  After all, it can respond to a "soft" power-on signal from the remote . . .  

Apologies if this sounds dumb but I'm really not completely up to speed with all this stuff - I grew up on crystal sets, 1-valve SW radios, ex-WW2 communications receivers and graduated to designing / building 12AX7 + EL84 et al amplifiers (but dual-mono I'll have you know . . .  Big Grin)

You are right. The Devialet does stay alive in some way. You can actually turn it on with your mobile phone or tablet if you connect them both to a network and run the Devialet app so in a way there is your option to turn it on by turning on an input. No other input has that option though.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Your D200 can also accept RS-232 commands when in standby, so the power-up command can be sent via 3.5mm cable (RS-232), Ethernet, WiFi, of RF (remote) in addition to physically pushing the power button. It certainly should be sufficiently alive to accept many signals given the 9W it uses in standby.
So I'm not asking for anything too outrageous then . . . ?

What I actually want to do is not difficult . . . I run a few Squeezebox Touches around the place, one of which is co-axed into my D200.  So I stroll up to (say) a PC, get into LMS (or fire up iPeng / whatever on a tablet / 'phone) and select some music to play through the appropriate SBT.  The latter springs into life, but the D200 doesn't.

Even the little NAD D3020 in my study can do this and it cost me a fraction of the Dev . . .  Huh

Yes, what you're asking for is commonplace and easily feasible for any common piece of consumer electronics. Audiophile equipment is just antiquated. Let's help them change: ask Devialet and if enough of us ask maybe they'll get the message.