Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shunyata Research
I suspect that the demand in UK might not be high when it comes to spending upwards of a £1000 on a power cord. I have been doing my own A/B testing with power cords with my D200 and the best sounding power cord is the one that came in the box. I found that with Devialet the worst performers are the thick copper screened cables (Isotek). Somewhat better are the silver plated cables. I fitted a Furutech Fi-15(cu) on the Isotek premium cable hoping for an improvement but it was absolutely awful (veiled, lacking dynamics, and bloated bass). The TCI silver plated cables solved the first two problems but still suffered from bloated bass. Finally tried the black original cord and that fixed everything. I have been thinking about taking off the molded IEC on the original cable and replace it with a Furutech but will think about it. The point I want to make is that we really do need some A/B testing with Devialet. I think with the Devialet it's really important to match it with a proper cable. Something that would work for a big class A amp would not be necessarily suitable for Devialet. I do think that Shunyata has recognised this hence added a Digital prefix to their Devialet cable. As for me I am considering a power plant that costs around £1200, a better investment than spending the same on a power cord (in my opinion).
Auralic Mini (Sbooster LPSU), Rega RP8, Melco N1A, Devialet D200, Devialet 400, ELAC BS314, ELAC BS312, Sonus Faber Olympica 1, Audioquest (Victoria, Yosemite, Vodka Cat7, Carbon USB) Chord Epic Master/Companion link, Wireworld Oasis 7 speaker cable, Inakustik Reference LS-803 speaker cable,Isotek premium mains cables, TCI mains cables, Atlas mains unfiltered distribution block, Supra filtered mains distribution block, and synergistic research (red/black fuse,sort kone), and vertexaq (silver-jaya).
I'm curious if there are any developments here. Smile Did you receive the cables for testing Guillaume?

Being 'inspired' by the DIY power cable I made last week for my Paul Hynes PSU (using Furutech FP-TCS-31 cable and FI-50 and FI-50 E rodium plugs) and the reports on this forum I've bought a Shunyata ZTron Alpha Digital power cable. It's used but should be in mint condition. I plan to use that on the Devialet. It's a bit of an impulse buy so I hope it'll outperform the Lessloss Signature cable there. This Lessloss cable will then 'move' to the PS Audio P3 Power Plant. I will probably try to sell the Lessloss DFPC Original that's currently powering the P3.

Hope to receive the Shunyata cable the week after next, the seller is currently on vacation but this'll give me more time to continue the 24/7 burn-in on the current items which haven't even settled down yet! Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(05-Aug-2016, 11:50)Antoine Wrote: I'm curious if there are any developments here. Smile Did you receive the cables for testing Guillaume?

Being 'inspired' by the DIY power cable I made last week for my Paul Hynes PSU (using Furutech FP-TCS-31 cable and FI-50 and FI-50 E rodium plugs) and the reports on this forum I've bought a Shunyata ZTron Alpha Digital power cable. It's used but should be in mint condition. I plan to use that on the Devialet. It's a bit of an impulse buy so I hope it'll outperform the Lessloss Signature cable there. This Lessloss cable will then 'move' to the PS Audio P3 Power Plant. I will probably try to sell the Lessloss DFPC Original that's currently powering the P3.

Hope to receive the Shunyata cable the week after next, the seller is currently on vacation but this'll give me more time to continue the 24/7 burn-in on the current items which haven't even settled down yet! Smile

Hi Antoine still waiting on all the samples, I'm getting quite a wide range of products to try: in the Sigma, Alpha and Venom ranges.

The mains cables will be with UK fittings which are brand new, since up until recently only Schuko connectors were available for the UK market. From what I understand Shunyata have invested substantial time and money into developing a UK CopperCONN connector and this is also what I am curious to try out. 

The Furutech FI-50 connectors are awesome, I use them too as part of the Entreq ones, I even went as far as fitting US style Furutech GTX-D mains sockets for complete synergy!  Wink

Anyway I will report back in detail. Look forward to hearing your impressions too.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Thank you Guillaume, that's going to be a very interesting comparison! I indeed read the UK fittings took quite some time to develop. It's mentioned in one of the videos on the Shunyata website as well.

Looking forward to your experience with the line of Shunyata products. I'll share my findings as well but can only compare to my Lessloss Sig. DFPC of course.

PS: The FI-50's are indeed awesome, they look great too and are quite heavy. Unfortunately I can't tell exactly what improved because of them, since I changed a few things at once but the total surely improved SQ. I got a used set of them for a very good price probably because there's already an improved version of them, the 'NCF'. Even more expensive! Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Ok being an impatient so and so, I went straight for the Sigmas. Tongue  So a pair of Sigma Digital cables are connecting the Devialets to the Venom UK6 distributor which in turn is connected to the wall via Sigma Analog.

Beautifully built, amazingly thick cables (way thicker than my reference Entreq Atlantis) and great packaging. They even come in their own little briefcases!

My first impressions are very positive. Straight away they sound very acceptable and have already started to improve very rapidly. Already better than the Transparent Opus ones I tried a while ago. I think Shunyata recommend quite a long burn-in period, and given the size of the conductors I'm not surprised!

Anyway once we are a few days in I'll start doing more critical listening although I'm certainly enjoying some music now!

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Check out the cable mayhem here! This will give an idea of the conductors of these "snakes":

I have one of these really irritating racks that is next to impossible to work with. Looks good, that's about it!

The Venom UK6 is so well built, one of the best looking/solid distributors I have seen actually.

Guillaume

UK
(17-Aug-2016, 16:38)GuillaumeB Wrote: Check out the cable mayhem here! This will give an idea of the conductors of these "snakes":

I have one of these really irritating racks that is next to impossible to work with. Looks good, that's about it!

The Venom UK6 is so well built, one of the best looking/solid distributors I have seen actually.

Guillaume

Hum, that has great WAF appeal Big Grin.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(17-Aug-2016, 17:21)Obrit Wrote:
(17-Aug-2016, 16:38)GuillaumeB Wrote: Check out the cable mayhem here! This will give an idea of the conductors of these "snakes":

Guillaume

David

Hi Guillaume,

Well, forgive the puns, but I am in Total Shock now   Big Grin

I always imagined that your setup would laid out millimetre-perfect, with every cable aligned according to feng shui, and carefully supported every 9.74 cm . . . . . 

Man, I feel better about my own set-up now  Tongue Tongue Tongue
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
(17-Aug-2016, 18:50)Zappydev Wrote:
(17-Aug-2016, 17:21)Obrit Wrote:

Guillaume

David

Hi Guillaume,

Well, forgive the puns, but I am in Total Shock now   Big Grin

I always imagined that your setup would laid out millimetre-perfect, with every cable aligned according to feng shui, and carefully supported every 9.74 cm . . . . . 

Man, I feel better about my own set-up now  Tongue Tongue Tongue

Hey come on! I'm testing equipment here! It doesn't need to be tidy... yet!  Big Grin 

Guillaume

UK
For the full effect, you need one of these also:

http://www.whathifi.com/news/82-year-old...und-system

I have to say that the UK6 distributor does look the part. Does it add anything on its own? I'm not sure I have the budget, or even the room, for those power cords!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12