Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
master / slave digital cable for 440Pro
Hello All,
Just took delivery of the upgraded 400 and have a quick question.  Tried a search but couldn't unearth a comment I thought I had read concerning the new cable offered with the upgrade,  I seem to recall a post stating the new master/slave digital cable is an Audioquest Carbon replacing the Crystal I had for the 400s.  The upgrade has the same Crystal...no worries just wondering if I am mistaken (a reasonable hypothesis) or they have run out of the newer cables.
The upgrade, just dead cold and straight out of the box is really exceptional.  A major improvement in speed, stage, definition and energy.  I am surprised how relatively tame the posted reviews have been.
besy
wdw
I received also the Crystal...
+3 here!
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(09-Dec-2016, 19:58)baddog Wrote: +3 here!

Thanks all...must be my groggy ole head mixing things up somewhere all the way...so Crystal it is.  Anyone use a Nordost rca to rca to good effect?   Say Heimdall or better.
Warren - using a XLR - RCA connection from DH Labs - so cannot provide any recommendations for an RCA - RCA solution.

p.s. glad to hear you got your system back, safe and sound in one piece!
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(09-Dec-2016, 21:29)baddog Wrote: Warren - using a XLR - RCA connection from DH Labs - so cannot provide any recommendations for an RCA - RCA solution.

Thanks Barr, the upgrade is truly extraordinary. I don't understand why RCA to XLR would be of any benefit.  I have a Heimdall XLR digital and asked Nordost to alter it to suit and they thought I was crazy.
(09-Dec-2016, 21:29)baddog Wrote: Warren - using a XLR - RCA connection from DH Labs - so cannot provide any recommendations for an RCA - RCA solution.

Thanks Barr, the upgrade is truly extraordinary. I don't understand why RCA to XLR would be of any benefit.  I have a Heimdall XLR digital and asked Nordost to alter it to suit and they thought I was crazy.
Warren - I concur - I am very pleased with my upgraded unit. The reason I use the XLR - RCA cable is buried somewhere in these forums, I believe it all started way back when someone at Devialet stated that a XLR - RCA connection was the optimal connection between master and companion. I have seen various threads on here discussing it which is why I went that direction. Honestly no longer recall how much if any of a sound comparison I did. Also one does sacrifice some functionality if one goes down the XLR - RCA path. I think if you are happy with your sound, no need to switch from XPR - RCA and perhaps there is a better RCA - RCA cable out there. I know lots of folks here have experimented with the cables.
SXSW, US
(09-Dec-2016, 23:12)baddog Wrote: ......think if you are happy with your sound, no need to switch......

you crazy?  you mean stop upgrading, obsessing and agonizing about all this stuff...get outta here!  :-)
Hah hah - I had the Acoustic Revive LAN Isolator, but I sold it before I got my Devialets. Where do you connect yours?
SXSW, US