Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware 7.1.3 vs 8.1.3 vs 10.0.2
[quote='Cylob' pid='54756' dateline='1481385373']
Would love to hear wether you liked the old firmware or not,
Will do
(10-Dec-2016, 16:56)Cylob Wrote: Would love to hear wether you liked the old firmware or not, no32!

So far I prefer it in every aspect. I find words are easier to understand , bass it tighter and deeper. I don't need to increase the volume anymore

I'm writing as I listen and It's harder for me to stop focusing on the music but it's so subjective

I didn't listen to large orchestra or my turntable yet but I'll get there sooner than later.

Btw what part of the FW effect the sound ?
Is it one specific file ? Is it to do with the power management ? Any thoughts ?
(11-Dec-2016, 01:42)no32 Wrote:
(10-Dec-2016, 16:56)Cylob Wrote: Would love to hear wether you liked the old firmware or not, no32!

So far I prefer it in every aspect. I find words are easier to understand , bass it tighter and deeper. I don't need to increase the volume anymore

I'm writing as I listen and It's harder for me to stop focusing on the music but it's so subjective

I didn't listen to large orchestra or my turntable yet but I'll get there sooner than later.

Is it one specific file ? Is it to do with the power management ? Any thoughts ?

One problem though , amp started to shut down for splits of seconds. So far it happens several times

Any suggestions ?
Glad to hear you love the sound quality of 7.1.3!

No clue on your FW questions though, sorry.

Are you using AIR wifi? I encounter gaps when using wifi.
Went back to ethernet and didn't get any gaps anymore.
I you use AIR, make sure to use either the 3.0.1 beta or 3.0.2 RC from AIR.
(I prefer the beta). 2.x.x versions are very buggy.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
I suggest for all those who haven't tried FW 7.1.3 to hear it first before forking thousands of dollars upgrading to the Pro version. You maybe in for quite a "nice surprise"! Money saved can be spent on a new cartridge, better cables or more records. Think hard before you take the plunge. Based on my humble opinion, the improvement is subtle and not worth the asking price. But, that's just me! As always, listen first and do whatever makes you happy. Happy Holidays!
(11-Dec-2016, 11:24)Cylob Wrote: Glad to hear you love the sound quality of 7.1.3!

No clue on your FW questions though, sorry.

Are you using AIR wifi? I encounter gaps when using wifi.
Went back to ethernet and didn't get any gaps anymore.
I you use AIR, make sure to use either the 3.0.1 beta or 3.0.2 RC from AIR.
(I prefer the beta). 2.x.x versions are very buggy.

I didn't use air
It's happens after 3-4 hours of using

I'll re install the FW

Btw many thanks
Can someone point me to the 3.0.1 beta for OSX? I installed the RC, but I want to go back, but can not find the beta.
(11-Dec-2016, 20:06)Xander Wrote: Can someone point me to the 3.0.1 beta for OSX? I installed the RC, but I want to go back, but can not find the beta.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think they skipped one version. So there only was a 3.0.1 version for Windows.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
Ok, I meant the version before the RC... don't know the version then, but i found it more stable in my network.
(11-Dec-2016, 03:06)no32 Wrote:
(11-Dec-2016, 01:42)no32 Wrote:

One problem though ,  amp started to shut down for splits of seconds. So far it happens several times

Any suggestions ?

Hold down the tone button on the remote for a couple of seconds, then press the source button a couple of times until you get to the screen which says "Last Fault", there you will see, yes, you've guessed it: the last fault detected. If you have a fault, raise a ticket with Devialet and please post the error code. You don't say what model you have.  Obviously, if you have a dual mono version (200, 220,400,440 etc.) don't forget to look at the data from both of the amps.

I was thinking that it might be useful for members if we had some sort of data base for error codes, although these sort of errors don't crop up in many posts. What do you think?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England