Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Devialet predictions for 2017 (The Devialet Almanac 2017)
It's that time again!  First to say that the 2016 thread was interesting, but generally lacking in accurate predictions.  I am optimistic that someone will do better in 2017!

Also, I thought this year it would be better to try to focus peoples thoughts a little and make the predictions more formalised.

So here is the challenge for 2017, lets have your top three Devialet predictions for the year.  Maybe you can think of more?  OK, fair enough, but list the three most significant predictions that you think will happen, you can then list anything else you desire as a foot note, but we need your top three first.  I shall start:

1.  The new Pro streamer board will prove to be a little disappointing with respect to sound quality, with a debate as to if it sounds better than AIR or not.
2.  The new Pro streamer board will not be 'Roon Ready'.
3.  A Renault road car with a Devialet ADH powered 'in car entertainment system' will be announced.

I was going to predict that British F1 superstar Jolyon Palmer will not win the world championship in his Devialet sponsored F1 car, but that would be silly and arguably cheating, to be honest I do not even know if the F1 Renault will even have Devialet sponsorship in 2017.  (I'll look pretty silly if he does win!)
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
1) AIR 3 still doesn't make it out of RC.
2) Another lacklustre year of firmware updates. I remember when we all used to get exited about the new firmware updates. Sigh!
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

We're expecting the new OS to be introduced isn't it? Will that really be the case in 2017? That will bring a lot of fuzz and topics around I guess. I'm wondering what that will bring us. And will that be before or after the real Brexit; I'm just wondering if we are going to survive this one (or both).

PS: I predict that Max Verstappen will be beating the Devialet team. I'm already praying for some enervating rain races to beat them all.
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
My turn :

a. Devialet will announce in late Sep it will launch megabuck streamer board 'real soon' but the first shipment of the boards could only happen in mid December just a few days from X'mas;

b. The stone-age APP will remain the same in 2017 (& 2018)(hard to understand this);

c. We would have the launch of WIND/MAC AIR firmwares in March.

My other predictions :
d. The Devialet Remote Control Unit will remain all the same - no display (but don't get me wrong - I absolutely like it to remain its look ; Devialet should improve the APP instead);

e. Devialet would announce many shake-the-world plans to which the audiophiles are not interested in.
Streamer board disaster!
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
Hey, I'm starting out the new year with a positive outlook (we'll see how long that lasts ;-)

2017 Devialet Predictions ...

-- AIR finally released on production for both PC & Mac in Q1 ... and it works!
-- New OS/Streaming board delivered in Q2 ... and it works!
-- Roon-ready! ... and it works!
-- Expert upgrade program continues in 2017
-- Improved online Devialet communication/blogging/etc...

Who knows... it could happen. If so, I'll change my username to Nostradamus. If not, no one will be surprised.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(28-Dec-2016, 18:18)mdconnelly Wrote: Hey, I'm starting out the new year with a positive outlook (we'll see how long that lasts ;-)

Who knows... it could happen.   If so, I'll change my username to Nostradamus.    If not, no one will be surprised.

I wanna have whatever pills you're on as well! Big Grin
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
(28-Dec-2016, 18:18)mdconnelly Wrote: Hey, I'm starting out the new year with a positive outlook (we'll see how long that lasts ;-)

Who knows... it could happen.   If so, I'll change my username to Nostradamus.    If not, no one will be surprised.

Wow, nice post.

Like has already been said, if nothing else Devialet are good at surprising us - maybe this year it will be in ways we all like. But as you say, if not, no one will be surprised.

My only prediction is that I'll follow the goings on of Devialet far less in 2017.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Devialet should make the new DLNA streamer board backward compatible. But I doubt that will happen even if the hardware would allow it.
(29-Dec-2016, 17:33)Hifi_swlon Wrote: My only prediction is that I'll follow the goings on of Devialet far less in 2017.

My predictions for Devialet are:

1 That Hifi_swlon follows the goings on of Devialet as much in 2017 as in 2016

2 That Confused becomes less confused

3 That Guillaume launches a website ShunyataChat which starts off constructively and then becomes increasingly destructive
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England