Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tidal Master Audio has gone Live
I wonder the price will stay the same? I've read mention that this free to hifi subscrbers is an introductory thing.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(08-Jan-2017, 05:35)Dr Tone Wrote: I wonder the price will stay the same?  I've read mention that this free to hifi subscrbers is an introductory thing.

I also belive that the price will go up if you want to use "master" album but it is a bit strange not to say what the cost will be, hard to see that Tidal will give us this for free in the long run.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(08-Jan-2017, 08:10)octaviars Wrote:
(08-Jan-2017, 05:35)Dr Tone Wrote: I wonder the price will stay the same?  I've read mention that this free to hifi subscrbers is an introductory thing.

I also belive that the price will go up if you want to use "master" album but it is a bit strange not to say what the cost will be, hard to see that Tidal will give us this for free in the long run.

It's a bit hard to predict. As it stands now Tidal is the only one with MQA and they can charge a nice premium for their offering. But Pandora are now talking about going into 'High Res' too so who knows what competition is around the corner. With more competitors in the market it will be hard to justify a higher rate. 

As it stands now I'm already effectively paying twice as much because I'm only home half the time to enjoy the service but if the SQ is really good I would probably happily pay a bit more.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(08-Jan-2017, 09:21)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(08-Jan-2017, 08:10)octaviars Wrote:

It's a bit hard to predict. As it stands now Tidal is the only one with MQA and they can charge a nice premium for their offering. But Pandora are now talking about going into 'High Res' too so who knows what competition is around the corner. With more competitors in the market it will be hard to justify a higher rate. 

As it stands now I'm already effectively paying twice as much because I'm only home half the time to enjoy the service but if the SQ is really good I would probably happily pay a bit more.

I can also pay more for the "masters" section but before I know how Roon will make the software decoding and if Devialet will give us support in the hardware for MQA I will keep a low profile I think and enjoy it as it is.

Regarding the hardware decoding I saw that Audioquest is geting MQA in their Dragon Fly DAC with a software upgrade so this cant be so hard to fix if one looks at Devialet if not all the stuff that is going on before the DAC chip in our amps gives them problems.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Comparing the Tidal feed between the Meridian DAC Explorer and directly to the 1000 Pro. Much softer and interesting sound from the Explorer.....still listening and doing A/B compares as best I can. OVerall the Aurender feed still even beats the MQA feed. Hoping Aurender releases their MQA upgrade soon.....
Devialet Expert Pro 1000, Mac Mini, Pure Music, Berkeley Alpha USB to Berkeley Ref DAC,  Aurender n100h, Squeezebox Touch Level Two, Magnepalnar 20.7's,  Chord Signature speaker cables, Synergistic Telsa Digital and USB cables