Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Silver or Gold? Im a newbie
(10-Jan-2017, 19:58)kameraguy Wrote: Since you want to use the Phantoms for video, if you plan on getting two or more, you'll need Dialog to sync them. There is an Audio delay incurred, so you'll need to go with a solution to allow you to compensate for that audio delay, otherwise you'll encounter lip sync issues. There are a few threads already on that here, but just a heads up for you.

I do not have a audio deley with my Samsung 4K
(09-Jan-2017, 14:48)HelloIf you can afford two Gold, then do not waste your money on Gold.. Instead, get two silvers.. and with the rest of money, get a Roon (Roon lab) Lifetime membership, Buy one raspberry Pi 3 with Hifiberry Digi+ sound card...(hifiberry.com) and you will have the perfect system (troublefree)..with exceptional sound quality.The raspberry Pi and Hifiberry will make your system Roon Ready.. with everything included... Popplus Wrote: Hello,

Im a complete newbie. Wondering if I should get the Silver or the Gold version.

Not a audiophile guy, will be using it to watch TV, movies, sports, play video games and listen to music through spotify.
I will just get one, so not gonna have it in stereo mode and it will be placed in a 43 square meter apartment.

Will I notice any difference between the Silver og Gold version? Or should I just go for the Silver one.
Thanks for any advice.
 Angenet. 
  5 Silver Phantoms (2 stereo and 3 solo in 3 rooms). 4 Raspberry Pi 3b with Hifiberry digi + boards connected to four Phantoms. 1 Dialog with Airplay, Roon Lifetime Membership for perfect group play. Qobuz sublime, Tidal Hifi,  1 NAS Qnap tS-210 Pro. Location: West Yorkshire, UK.
Thank you guys for your opinions. Right now I have only afford to one and difference between white or silver here in Norway is just 120 euros.

I might go for 2 later but not in a while.
Thanks.
(10-Jan-2017, 21:52)angenet Wrote:
(09-Jan-2017, 14:48)HelloIf you can afford two Gold, then do not waste your money on Gold.. Instead, get two silvers.. and with the rest of money, get a Roon (Roon lab) Lifetime membership, Buy one raspberry Pi 3 with Hifiberry Digi+ sound card...(hifiberry.com) and you will have the perfect system (troublefree)..with exceptional sound quality.The raspberry Pi and Hifiberry will make your system Roon Ready.. with everything included...  Popplus Wrote: Hello,

Not a audiophile guy, will be using it to watch TV, movies, sports, play video games and listen to music through spotify.
I will just get one, so not gonna have it in stereo mode and it will be placed in a 43 square meter apartment.

Will I notice any difference between the Silver og Gold version? Or should I just go for the Silver one.
Thanks for any advice.

If you listen to music through spotify, which is not a lossless format, Gold will not give you a run for your money. Having experienced 2 Silver during one year and now 2 Gold, I can say that the huge difference is when you listen to hi-fi recordings through direct or lossless support (Wav, AIF, Flac).
Devices :
2 Gold Phantoms (previously 2 Silver) + Dialog - Denon DCD-SD/300 -
Project Essential II Digital equipped with Ortofon 2M Blue,
Accessories :
Tree, Cocoon, Remote

Lyon - France
Just another opinion. We did all our tests with Spotify and still heard a very substantial difference between Silver and Gold.
(10-Jan-2017, 23:14)Popplus Wrote: Thank you guys for your opinions. Right now I have only afford to one and difference between white or silver here in Norway is just 120 euros.

I might go for 2 later but not in a while.
Thanks.

Have you been able to audition the different speakers? If you live near Bodø you can listen to both Silver and Gold at my place.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(11-Jan-2017, 08:58)Jean-Claude Wrote:
(10-Jan-2017, 21:52)angenet Wrote:
(09-Jan-2017, 14:48)HelloIf you can afford two Gold, then do not waste your money on Gold.. Instead, get two silvers.. and with the rest of money, get a Roon (Roon lab) Lifetime membership, Buy one raspberry Pi 3 with Hifiberry Digi+ sound card...(hifiberry.com) and you will have the perfect system (troublefree)..with exceptional sound quality.The raspberry Pi and Hifiberry will make your system Roon Ready.. with everything included...  Popplus Wrote: Hello,

Thanks for any advice.

If you listen to music through spotify, which is not a lossless format, Gold will not give you a run for your money. Having experienced 2 Silver during one year and now 2 Gold, I can say that the huge difference is when you listen to hi-fi recordings through direct or lossless support (Wav, AIF, Flac).

And i can say that the difference when you connect the pantoms and dialog to the same (unfiltered) powerblock and all connected with cat7 ethernetcables that it gives you the biggest diference you can wish with the silvers.

It was for me an upgrade, i still not can believe, so huge! 

I like them now more then the golds and special with the highest streaming support available (i use qobuz)
Okay. If I go for one first. Do I need the dialog? Will it be any difference in quality with or without the dialog? Or is it primarily when you have 2 or more phantoms?

Unfortunately I don't live in Bodø, ragwo. But thanks for the offer!
The quality won't be better with the Dialog but I believe you'll need it for the online streaming services such as Tidal. I don't know if you'll need it for the web radio.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(11-Jan-2017, 10:06)Johnnydev Wrote:
(11-Jan-2017, 08:58)Jean-Claude Wrote: Hi 
Please tell me how you can connect 5 Phantoms located in three rooms in same powerblock?

I have come across various issues with Group play with my five silver Phantoms.. with frequent disconnection from network... the Plc in Phantom do not facilitate group play especially in modern houses like mine with several electrical network zones...

I have been in touch with Devialet and the issue is not resolved.. my only and best  Solution is via Roon which is more stable and with best sound ever...

The only best solution is Roon (Roonlabs.com) and the quality is the outstanding...via the raspberry Pi and hifiberry... even with hi-res files... 

And I do not have any Spotify account.. I have Qobuz Sublime and Tidal Hifi.

thx

And i can say that the difference when you connect the pantoms and dialog to the same (unfiltered) powerblock and all connected with cat7 ethernetcables that it gives you the biggest diference you can wish with the silvers.

It was for me an upgrade, i still not can believe, so huge! 

I like them now more then the golds and special with the highest streaming support available (i use qobuz)
 Angenet. 
  5 Silver Phantoms (2 stereo and 3 solo in 3 rooms). 4 Raspberry Pi 3b with Hifiberry digi + boards connected to four Phantoms. 1 Dialog with Airplay, Roon Lifetime Membership for perfect group play. Qobuz sublime, Tidal Hifi,  1 NAS Qnap tS-210 Pro. Location: West Yorkshire, UK.