Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8GB SD Cards?
Anyone know if 8GB SD Cards actually work? I think I saw Devialet warn not to use bigger than 4GB but is that real? 4GBs are getting a bit tough to find and seem to be fetching a premium. I don't have time to mail order, need them for SAM configs tonight.
I have never got them to work but as soon as I bought some 4GB all was fine, so I think that 4GB is the limit.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(08-Apr-2015, 02:30)NickB Wrote: I have never got them to work but as soon as I bought some 4GB all was fine, so I think that 4GB is the limit.

I deeply appreciate your fast response--will cost me, but save disappointment.
If mini or micro SD 4GB cards are easier to find you may consider using them with an adapter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
I'm pretty sure that I've made all my fw upgrades using a 8gb card.
(08-Apr-2015, 01:57)davee Wrote: Anyone know if 8GB SD Cards actually work? I think I saw Devialet warn not to use bigger than 4GB but is that real? 4GBs are getting a bit tough to find and seem to be fetching a premium. I don't have time to mail order, need them for SAM configs tonight.

It would be unpredictable.  The Devialet can only read 4 gb of addressable space.  So if the .txt file was written outside of that then It would not see it.   Does not seem likely, but other issues could arise due to the unreadable space.

You can have a lot of configs on a SD card. Only one can be properly named.  So if you are willing to eject card, insert into computer and do some renaming then only one card is needed.

Another way is to keep multiple configs each in own directory with self defining name.  Move the wanted config to the root 

D200, KEF LS50 / Sumiko S9 Sub Bass,  Audience AU24SE speaker,  Wireworld Silver Electra PC,  Wireworld Platinum Starlight, Straightwire Link USB,  Macbook Pro,  System76 (linux) SSD Laptop,  TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750.  

living in Salt Lake City, USA
I got a lot of SD cards which are limited to 2GB and normally FAT16 format for different configurations and all worked. They are getting rare to get and also more expensive than larger format cards, becoming a "legacy product". 4GB -32GB are SDHC cards which have FAT 32 as a default format and so I am astonished that they work at all.
I just bought a 16GB high speed card, wrote a completely new config with latest software etc, plugged it in and it worked fine