Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red protection light on 200! Suggestions?
(18-Apr-2015, 21:13)thumb5 Wrote:
(18-Apr-2015, 18:34)ZincAlloy Wrote: [Hi thumb5 - no, nothing untoward noticed in advance.   I had the unit powered off completely because I was away for a few days.  It wouldn't turn on - screen remained blank.  To be honest, it's the first device that's ever failed on me, so I'm actually quite relaxed about it.  Stastically, I've done pretty well! Will give me a good excuse to hide from wife and rediscover headphone listening from iPad.  Not as bad as you may think.  

ATB, Ken  

I admire your philosophical attitude Ken - not sure I would be so relaxed about it.  Anyway, I hope you have a speedy repair.

Ian
Good morning Ian - I live in Northern Ireland and, in the scheme of things, my Devialet dying barely registers on the radar!  I can now catch up on my reading ....

ATB, Ken
Auralic Aries G2 > Kii Control > Kii Audio 3 BXT
I asked Devialet to take a look at my D200 in January or February. It'd been 'inconsistent' in terms of sound quality and recently it started just making strange noises instead of playing music - only a couple of times but enough that I thought something was wrong. Guildford Audio took the unit back and lent me a loaner one, and it went back to Pedro (I think) at Absolute Sounds in London who replaced the power input board - the fairly simple board which has a Schurter filter attached and connects to the rear IEC socket. I was slightly sceptical that this would make any difference but the unit has been absolutely fine since. In hindsight I think there may have been external factors explaining the inconsistency but I'm really not sure.
Took about 2 weeks all in all. It'll be interesting if that board is a common factor in these failures.
(19-Apr-2015, 09:28)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I asked Devialet to take a look at my D200 in January or February. It'd been 'inconsistent' in terms of sound quality and recently it started just making strange noises instead of playing music - only a couple of times but enough that I thought something was wrong. Guildford Audio took the unit back and lent me a loaner one, and it went back to Pedro (I think) at Absolute Sounds in London who replaced the power input board - the fairly simple board which has a Schurter filter attached and connects to the rear ICE socket.   I was slightly sceptical that this would make any difference but the unit has been absolutely fine since, and does seem to sound a little bit better too. In hindsight I think there may have been external factors explaining the inconsistency but I'm really not sure.
Took about 2 weeks all in all.
Thanks Rufus - will ask Devialet to check my entire device, to remove/minimise paranoia that there's something amiss, above and beyond current fault...
Auralic Aries G2 > Kii Control > Kii Audio 3 BXT
I don't think they actually found anything wrong with mine (I think anyway - this is a big assumption), so it's interesting that they seemed to change that board almost as a matter of default. Interesting it's all D200s mentioned in this thread too...
Thanks Rufus. I might have a chat with Gavin (at Guildford Audio) and see if he thinks it sensible to have a look at my 200 as a pre-emptive measure.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Could this power input board be the reason behind the issue that I sometimes face with my D400? The issue is not related to any SQ attributes but rather an annoying phenomenon where sometimes my D400 fails to complete the boot up sequence and I have to push the power button again. When this happens it rarely takes me more than two attempts to get the units power up properly and it is only occasional.

Initially I thought it may be related to the infamous Dual Mono Configurator Bug. Also at one point in time I thought it may be related to a failure of my PS Audio Dectet.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
Not sure amabrok - I wouldn't have thought so. The power input board is a pretty 'dumb' component so it could only be an issue with bootup if it's actually cutting the power somehow.
I don't want to spark a panic by making out that there's a potential problem with a particular component. It is probably not anything to worry about and that power board is pretty simple with a standard Schuerter filter on so there's no particular reason why it should be susceptible to failure.
(19-Apr-2015, 10:25)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Not sure amabrok - I wouldn't have thought so. The power input board is a pretty 'dumb' component so it could only be an issue with bootup if it's actually cutting the power somehow.
I don't want to spark a panic by making out that there's a potential problem with a particular component. It is probably not anything to worry about and that power board is pretty simple with a standard Schuerter filter on so there's no particular reason why it should be susceptible to failure.

Thanks Rufus.

But still there must be something wrong. After all failure to complete boot up sequence is not a normal behavior especially now that I have replaced the PS Audio with a much more robust and sturdy Isotek power supply/conditioner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
Yep - that doesn't sound good...
Speculating wildly...if the power supply is slightly marginal, maybe one of the CPUs isn't always coming out of reset properly?

amabrok, I haven't seen anything like that behaviour on my 400, by the way. I doubt it's to do with the power conditioner, unless it's providing a way out-of-spec mains input to your 400.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK