Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red protection light on 200! Suggestions?
Why not try plugging it in to the mains directly? If the fault persists it at least eliminates the Isotek as a possible cause.
(19-Apr-2015, 11:19)thumb5 Wrote: amabrok, I haven't seen anything like that behaviour on my 400, by the way. I doubt it's to do with the power conditioner, unless it's providing a way out-of-spec mains input to your 400.

Thanks thumb5. I agree, I don't think it is related to the power conditioner especially now that the sane issue appeared with isotek as well.

(19-Apr-2015, 11:24)Confused Wrote: Why not try plugging it in to the mains directly? If the fault persists it at least eliminates the Isotek as a possible cause.

Thanks Confused,

I will give it a go though I highly doubt Isotek is the problem here. But you are right, I will do it to element it and be sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(19-Apr-2015, 13:18)amabrok Wrote:
(19-Apr-2015, 11:19)thumb5 Wrote: amabrok, I haven't seen anything like that behaviour on my 400, by the way.  I doubt it's to do with the power conditioner, unless it's providing a way out-of-spec mains input to your 400.

Thanks  thumb5. I agree, I don't think it is related to the power conditioner especially now that the sane issue appeared with isotek as well.

(19-Apr-2015, 11:24)Confused Wrote: Why not try plugging it in to the mains directly?  If the fault persists it at least eliminates the Isotek as a possible cause.

Thanks Confused,

I will give it a go though I highly doubt Isotek is the problem here. But you are right, I will do it to element it and be sure

I think I would try that, then try reloading the firmware & configuration.  If that does not help, I would be boxing it up and taking to my dealer for repairs.
(19-Apr-2015, 15:07)Confused Wrote:
(19-Apr-2015, 13:18)amabrok Wrote:
(19-Apr-2015, 11:19)thumb5 Wrote: amabrok, I haven't seen anything like that behaviour on my 400, by the way.  I doubt it's to do with the power conditioner, unless it's providing a way out-of-spec mains input to your 400.

Thanks  thumb5. I agree, I don't think it is related to the power conditioner especially now that the sane issue appeared with isotek as well.

(19-Apr-2015, 11:24)Confused Wrote: Why not try plugging it in to the mains directly?  If the fault persists it at least eliminates the Isotek as a possible cause.

Thanks Confused,

I think I would try that, then try reloading the firmware & configuration.  If that does not help, I would be boxing it up and taking to my dealer for repairs.

I tried reloading the firmware and a new configuration but still the same. So the last thing I will try before boxing it is direct power from the socket

Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
Well guys,

Seems like my D200 has also died while downgrading from the current beta firmware to 7.1.1.

When looking through the transparent windows on the bottom of the unit, there are at least three small intermitent red LEDs. I fear the unit has entered some kind of protection mode or has suffered a hardware problem, we´ll see.

For the time being I have contacted Devialet directly with a description of the problem, as my dealer is in Spain and living now in Italy it won't be of much help.

Sad
Aurender X100 >> Totaldac USB cable >> D200 >> SF Olympica II

Italy
(04-May-2015, 21:19)MusicLover Wrote: Well guys,

Seems like my D200 has also died while downgrading from the current beta firmware to 7.1.1.

When looking through the transparent windows on the bottom of the unit, there are at least three small intermitent red LEDs. I fear the unit has entered some kind of protection mode or has suffered a hardware problem, we´ll see.

For the time being I have contacted Devialet directly with a description of the problem, as my dealer is in Spain and living now in Italy it won't be of much help.

Sad
Sorry that you're having the identical D200 problem.  This is clearly a Devialet issue that they need to address for all their owners.  My dealer sent mine to Devialet.  UGh!!
   Please let us know if you learn anything from Devialet directly, and let them know that a number of folks have this identical problem.
(04-May-2015, 21:19)MusicLover Wrote:  Well guys,

Sad

Sorry to hear that.  I dropped mine into my dealer last Saturday with the exact same symptoms.  Will let you know when it comes back.  
Auralic Aries G2 > Kii Control > Kii Audio 3 BXT
(06-May-2015, 22:58)ZincAlloy Wrote:

Sad

Sorry to hear that.  I dropped mine into my dealer last Saturday with the exact same symptoms.  Will let you know when it comes back.  

I'm also sorry for you guys.

I dropped mine too at the dealer a couple of days ago. I will give him a call today as of yesterday he hadn't had the time to perform the basic level 1 tests required before sending, if needed, the D to Paris.

Will keep you posted as I learn more about it.
Aurender X100 >> Totaldac USB cable >> D200 >> SF Olympica II

Italy
(07-May-2015, 10:41)MusicLover Wrote:
(06-May-2015, 22:58)ZincAlloy Wrote:

Sad

I'm also sorry for you guys.

I dropped mine too at the dealer a couple of days ago. I will give him a call today as of yesterday he hadn't had the time to perform the basic level 1 tests required before sending, if needed, the D to Paris.

Will keep you posted as I learn more about it.

Hi - just spoke to my dealer.  Apparently a new D200 is winging its way to me now.  Very impressed that Devialet didn't hang about or engage in any dialogue as to whether I was at fault (I wasn't) - just shipped a new amp.  Of course, it does mean that I might have that roller coaster ride of running it in for the next few weeks .... I can't have it both ways. 

ATB, Ken
Auralic Aries G2 > Kii Control > Kii Audio 3 BXT
I had a problem with my D whereby it started clipping at low volume levels.  I informed Devialet and told them the fault code. They sent me a prepaid UPS label to send the amp. to Seprolec in western Normandy.  Is assume that this company is handling Devialet repairs? I queried the nature of the repair and was told that a board needed replacement.

Here's what Devialet told me: 
"The board makes the bridge between the power supply, the ADH and the mother board. It is a small board thats regulates informations within the Devialet.
Replacing this board will not change the sound quality."

Perhaps this is a common fault?

I was quoted a return time of within two weeks.  We shall see!
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England