Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red protection light on 200! Suggestions?
You mean Seprolec, yes they do the repairs and in fact are the factory as well. They also performed the D-Premier->D250 upgrades.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(20-May-2015, 15:55)Antoine Wrote: You mean Seprolec, yes they do the repairs and in fact are the factory as well. They also performed the D-Premier->D250 upgrades.

After 5-weeks I received my D200 back from repairs. It works fine now. There was no indication of what repairs were completed.
In 40+ years of buying audio gear, I have never had a single problem with solid state devices.

I question the reliability of Devialet, as I owned my gently used unit only 2-months before total failure.

Their lack of communication with what appears to be a design flaw concerns me as well.

I will not recommend Devialet products to others.
Concerning your post above Now
Hmm 5 weeks, now where have I heard that before? Guillome will be along in a moment to tell you that it can not possibly  take that long. I had the misfortune to have a problem just when Phantom release was due, I think that you may  be a victim of geography and the Munich show putting a pressure on D's resources.

I see from other posts that Devialet may have decided to throw money at the problem by replacing D200s rather than cause their customers to face lengthy periods without an amp while repairs are made.

I guess that,like me, you are an experienced and conscientious customer who has used many other manufacturers' products (largely) without problems and certain that you have followed best practice when connecting, plugging and unplugging/disconnecting sources and speakers.

Yet you still feel that the lack of an explanation for the fault with the Devialet suggests that it may be attributed to you. I can sympathise with you entirely reasonable view that the service which you has received does no credit to the brand.
I had my machine less than a week when it developed a fault! It has been back at the factory now for over 5 weeks!!

After I performed the latest firmware update on my other machine it started switching itself off almost immediately after switch on. Thankfully unplugging from the mains seems to have cured that hiccup.

I have to admit that I've never had the same sense of foreboding, and the possibility of failure, with previous gear than I do now with Devialet.

I like many others have come from owning naim gear, and while I did have a failure with a Unitiqute, the response from naim was immediate, a new machine was offered straightaway. The naim forums also give testament to their after sales service and support.

At the moment, from my point of view, Devialet's support is sadly wanting.
Oracle Delphi MkVI Reference Second Generation - SME Series V - Lyra Delos 
   Expert 1000 Pro CI - Magico A3
Audioquest Niagara 3000
Nucleus+ - roon lifetime - Qobuz Sublime+
 x2 Matte Black Phantom I
Got my D200 back today after a new board was fitted.  It was away for only 17 days, which I don't think was bad, and I was kept informed by email as to the status of the repair. So thank you Devialet, I am a happy customer!
But I didn't get a free Dialogue, so f**k 'em. ;0)
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Obviously it would be great if they never had to go back in the first place but...! I've had a couple of units go back to Devialet in France who I've dealt with directly (which will be the case for all repairs now they've removed the distributors) and have been impressed by the turn-around speed and communication in both instances.

I'm sure if you contact them with some details on your unit to ask for an explanation they'll more than happily let you know what the problem was.
Hi - well, it's been 6 weeks since I dropped my Devialet 200 into my dealer.   No communication at all from Devialet (I've contacted them), and my dealer seems to be getting nowhere.  My previous relaxed approach to this has long since evaporated.  

It seems obvious that they're focusing on sorting out Phantom, as opposed to taking care of early adopters who helped build their company.  This is not good enough.   Next step will be a post to their Facebook page, which will be somewhat less hagiographic than others on their page. 

Fed up, from Templepatrick
Auralic Aries G2 > Kii Control > Kii Audio 3 BXT
(31-May-2015, 20:20)ZincAlloy Wrote: Hi - well, it's been 6 weeks since I dropped my Devialet 200 into my dealer.   No communication at all from Devialet (I've contacted them), and my dealer seems to be getting nowhere.  My previous relaxed approach to this has long since evaporated.  

It seems obvious that they're focusing on sorting out Phantom, as opposed to taking care of early adopters who helped build their company.  This is not good enough.   Next step will be a post to their Facebook page, which will be somewhat less hagiographic than others on their page. 

There's a definite trend towards poorer customer service with the Expert range from posts I'm seeing here. I would never recommend the brand now, yet I loved mine - particularly the design. But who needs the hassle of crappy arrogant after sales support on expensive hifi.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(13-Jun-2015, 17:46)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(31-May-2015, 20:20)ZincAlloy Wrote: Hi - well, it's been 6 weeks since I dropped my Devialet 200 into my dealer.   No communication at all from Devialet (I've contacted them), and my dealer seems to be getting nowhere.  My previous relaxed approach to this has long since evaporated.  

There's a definite trend towards poorer customer service with the Expert range from posts I'm seeing here. I would never recommend the brand now, yet I loved mine - particularly the design. But who needs the hassle of crappy arrogant after sales support on expensive hifi.