Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom pioneer program
Can you both confirm that we are talking about the OPTICAL inputs on the back of the Phantoms? Mine works for streaming music, but not for the "live" inputs. (One would need an optical splitter at the source and feed the same optical signal into the back of each Phantom.)
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
Sorry this is incorrect - unless you are not using a Dialog ?
When you set up phantoms with Dialog you select left and right channels with the Spark App.
Select which optical input ( left phantom or right phantom or dialog) to use, Dialog then takes over and distributes the stereo signal to phantoms.
So it does not matter which optical you use, however if you are trying to get stereo from Phantoms without using Dialog you are out of luck
Ah, I see. I do have Dialog, btw. It seems there's no way of bypassing the latency then.
I still think that it wouldn't have been too hard for them to accept simultaneous optical signals, and simply strip left or right channels from each, without to-ing and fro-ing between themselves and the Dialog!
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
I am watching TV right now and there isn't any "visible" delay, same for videogames and Blu-rays.

My TV's (Samsung 55H8000) optical output is connected to one of the Phantoms (I am not part of the Pioneer program so my Dialog's optical input doesn't work yet).
I just watched some video using JRiver, with the sound going into the optical of one of the Phantoms.
I had to set an A/V sync offset of 220ms to get the sound to match the picture... But I couldn't get it absolutely perfect.
I have planned to plug all my sources (bluray, htpc, tv, playstation) in my AV receiver. And to use my optical output in order to feed the DIALOG (and the PHANTOMS).

Will I have a delay problem too?
Is it a bad way to use the PHANTOMS?
Should I avoid at all cost to buy the PHANTOMS with this type of setup?
Well, they say they are addressing the latency issues, and planning some sort of A/V integration... But I can't help thinking that it will only be for a complete Devialet setup, not for any old surround system.
Until then you WILL need something that can shift the sound relative to the video by ~200ms.

Now to see what today's 1.1.1 update has done for us ...
My AV Receiver is new and expensive. So I'd like to keep it.
I hope it will work properly.
Don't apologize. Smile
No offense taken.

I just hope there won't be any delay. That's my biggest fear with the setup I imagine.
Or at least, if there is a delay, I hope it will be corrected soon.

Because if there is a delay, and they can't do nothing about it, I would be very (very) upset...
I have my TV running optical out to my Oppo bluray player which is connected to Phantom. There is a huge delay. Even after adding max sync adjustment on the Oppo, there's a still a couple of ms delay. No idea what I can do to fix this apart from connecting the TV directly to the Phantom which is inconvenient.
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)