Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From Jon at Oxford Audio...
Devialet Launch Event 16th July, 1 to 7pm.

I’m very pleased to tell you that we have again persuaded Mathieu Pernot from Devialet to join us here at the shop for our July 16th 2014 Devialet Open Day – he loves Oxford (and us!) so it wasn’t too hard? Flying in specially, Mathieu is one of Devialet’s longest serving Senior Design Engineers, so a rare opportunity to hear from one of the original design team of a few people – now 30+ engineers!
We are also delighted that Pedro from Absolute Sounds will also be joining us for the day.

We will be sending out a general email invitation to all customers on our email database next week but wanted to give you all advance warning so please book early as places are very limited. We will be featuring the full range of Devialet products including 400s and 800s plus demonstrations of SAM and the new Ensemble package featuring a 120 and Atohm speakers. As many of you will know, Mathieu loves answering all your technical queries

We hope you are all enjoying music from your Devialet(s); it’s very gratifying, that like me, you were impressed by the Devialet sound, design & approach and have invested in one or two! Surprisingly it’s almost 4 years since we first launched Devialet at Oxford Audio Consultants and things have really moved on at a pace. From small beginnings as a French start-up, Devialet now have a substantial world presence with 237 dealers in 51 countries and we’re proud to be at the vanguard of this expansion. The Devialet system (it seems inadequate to call it an amplifier!) goes from strength to strength due to their continuous investment & upgrades – it just sounds better and better.

NEWS:

- The D-Premier upgrade programme finishes on 15th July so anyone who is still intending to do the upgrade should not leave it any longer. We are very happy to organise it for you if you prefer not to do it direct with Devialet. Price is £3050 to go to full 250.

- There is an updated app that gives the facility of switching on/off to Standby; check for app updates.

- There is a short-term special UK promotion just announced on 200 and 250 slaves - priced for a short period at £4887.50 (normally £5750) and £7905 (usually £9300); this represents a 15% saving over the normal price; so for those of you that already own a 200 (170) or 250 (240) you can upgrade to 400s and 800s and get a substantial upgrade sonically.

Just to be clear, I've no connection with Oxford Audio Consultants, but I thought there were some interesting snippets which might be of use to the group.
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB
(21-Jun-2014, 09:42)ozthepoz Wrote: Devialet Launch Event 16th July, 1 to 7pm.

I’m very pleased to tell you that we have again persuaded Mathieu Pernot from Devialet to join us here at the shop for our July 16th 2014 Devialet Open Day – he loves Oxford (and us!) so it wasn’t too hard? Flying in specially, Mathieu is one of Devialet’s longest serving Senior Design Engineers, so a rare opportunity to hear from one of the original design team of a few people – now 30+ engineers!
We are also delighted that Pedro from Absolute Sounds will also be joining us for the day.

We will be sending out a general email invitation to all customers on our email database next week but wanted to give you all advance warning so please book early as places are very limited. We will be featuring the full range of Devialet products including 400s and 800s plus demonstrations of SAM and the new Ensemble package featuring a 120 and Atohm speakers. As many of you will know, Mathieu loves answering all your technical queries

We hope you are all enjoying music from your Devialet(s); it’s very gratifying, that like me, you were impressed by the Devialet sound, design & approach and have invested in one or two! Surprisingly it’s almost 4 years since we first launched Devialet at Oxford Audio Consultants and things have really moved on at a pace. From small beginnings as a French start-up, Devialet now have a substantial world presence with 237 dealers in 51 countries and we’re proud to be at the vanguard of this expansion. The Devialet system (it seems inadequate to call it an amplifier!) goes from strength to strength due to their continuous investment & upgrades – it just sounds better and better.

NEWS:

- The D-Premier upgrade programme finishes on 15th July so anyone who is still intending to do the upgrade should not leave it any longer. We are very happy to organise it for you if you prefer not to do it direct with Devialet. Price is £3050 to go to full 250.

- There is an updated app that gives the facility of switching on/off to Standby; check for app updates.

- There is a short-term special UK promotion just announced on 200 and 250 slaves - priced for a short period at £4887.50 (normally £5750) and £7905 (usually £9300); this represents a 15% saving over the normal price; so for those of you that already own a 200 (170) or 250 (240) you can upgrade to 400s and 800s and get a substantial upgrade sonically.

Just to be clear, I've no connection with Oxford Audio Consultants, but I thought there were some interesting snippets which might be of use to the group.
Does anyone know if Devialet are planning a similar slave promotion in the USA?
Thanks
Devialet 400 ,Magico S3, Aurender N100, Mac Mini + Amarra + Geekperfect, Vpi Avenger with 3D Arm, ortofon cadenza bronze, Ortofon Royal Spu Nude,
Sonos.
(21-Jun-2014, 20:52)theaudioguru Wrote: Does anyone know if Devialet are planning a similar slave promotion in the USA?
Thanks

Well, they got away with it in the UK even though slaves were outlawed here 180 years ago. Only 150 years ago in the USA so I guess they have an even better chance there. Confused
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Sounds like they will have the Sasha 2 on demonstration?

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
I shall be at Jon's later. I am a platelet (blood component) donor and I am donating this afternoon (2 hours on a machine) and will go straight afterwards.
Look forward to the Sascha 2 also.
I nearly bought a set (? not a pair since 4 boxes) of Wilson WAMMs at one time. I don't have the space now, so it is just as well I didn't!
I am a massive fan of Wilson speakers, going back to the original WATT.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Would be great to hear some reports from anyone who was there!
Pink Triangle Anniversary/SME IV/Hana Blue; Intel NUC + Roon ROCK; Devialet 440 Pro CI; Kudos Titan 707 using AXD; Kudos, Chord, Audioquest cables
Dublin, Ireland
The Wilsons were demmed dual mono 800 feed with SAM; there was also a 120 with the Atohm speaker with SAM; both sounded great - the former quite magnificent with the right recording, and the latter because of the impressive SAM effect.

Apparently Devialet representatives are at KJ West One in London tomorrow.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
I was there and listened to the same systems as Ian and agree with his findings.
SAM is very clever, Matthieu outlined to me how it worked, and it is probably at its most effective on smaller speakers because the mapping allows no overload whilst increasing bandwidth and reducing bass distortion significantly.
Very impressive and impossible to do with any other amplifier available.

Since I preferred to get my room good rather than use equalisation (which can not work over much of the room with only 2 speakers - not possible) SAM is a perfect solution for somebody like me.
Pity my horns can't be SAMed and the Goldmunds almost certainly never will be :-(
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Frank, very interesting to hear your view. Can you say a bit more about Matthieu's explanation of SAM?

What you say about SAM being more effective with small speakers is what I'd expected. I've only heard SAM with the B&W 805Ds: the SAM effect was remarkable. It makes perfect sense that Devialet have promoted the 120 + Atohm as a package.

Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
(18-Jul-2014, 01:33)Jwg1749 Wrote: Frank, very interesting to hear your view. Can you say a bit more about Matthieu's explanation of SAM?

What you say about SAM being more effective with small speakers is what I'd expected. I've only heard SAM with the B&W 805Ds: the SAM effect was remarkable. It makes perfect sense that Devialet have promoted the 120 + Atohm as a package.

Matt

Hi Matt, don't know how to go into more detail about what Matthieu said on a forum such as this, to be honest, so I'd rather not.
cheers,
Frank
Oxfordshire