Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A lot of hot AIR from Devialet - feedback and more
(21-Apr-2015, 15:10)Eddye Wrote:
(21-Apr-2015, 13:04)Confused Wrote: I too think Ian is right not to share information unless the author has provided specific advice that such data can be shared.  I can think of some correspondence I have written recently that I would not want to see on an internet forum.  Having said that, I share Eddye’s curiosity as to what specifically Windows is doing to upset AIR.  After all, not everyone with a Windows set up gets the white noise issue, so perhaps the answer is not workarounds in AIR, but to tweak Windows to stop it upsetting AIR.  I am quite sure that if Devialet were more open to sharing data like this, then the more computer savvy members on forums like this could probably solve the problem themselves.

I was misquoted, I think. AlexS asked about the root cause Wink
Indeed so! My apologies, the rouge "Eddye" lurking in Alex's response caught me out.
(21-Apr-2015, 15:10)Eddye Wrote: I was misquoted, I think. AlexS asked about the root cause Wink

Yes, I thought I had a higher chance of getting an answer to my question, hiding behind the profile of a senior mamber Smile

@smokejumper, could you describe your white noise? Is it very loud continous hissing sound from both speakers? Just would like to make sure it's the same old white noise.
JRiver MC20 --> Devialet 250 Expert Pro --> KEF Blades II
Yes, loud and steady hissing from both speakers. Now sometimes preceded by very distorted but still recognisable music, then going to constant hiss.