Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help weird issue
Sorry my bad. Only the analog input has this option.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(24-Apr-2015, 02:11)ErikM Wrote: And I sent a email to Devialet..It's not the end of the world but I'd like to understand why coax won't do 24/192

Interested what Devialet reply but my guess is that the Aries clock frequency at 192 kHz is outside the acceptance tolerance of the Devialet input and a lock can not be achieved.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

I have the same issue with my Aries and Devialet, I found a way around it however by using a meridian explorer version 1, USB out from Aries into explorer and the optical out from explorer to Devialet perfect up to 192/24.
I can only assume that the Femto chip in the Aries is not compatible with the Devialet dac, the inclusion of the explorer must reclock the signal. Sounds wonderful only issue is it was only the first explorer that had optical out. A cheap fix.
(24-Apr-2015, 18:32)davidadamson Wrote: I have the same issue with my Aries and Devialet, I found a way around it however by using a meridian explorer version 1, USB out from Aries into explorer and the optical out from explorer to Devialet perfect up to 192/24.
I can only assume that the Femto chip in the Aries is not compatible with the Devialet dac, the inclusion of the explorer must reclock the signal. Sounds wonderful only issue is it was only the first explorer that had optical out. A cheap fix.

@f1eng  I think that's exactly it but it's weird because it was fine using AES/EBU   

@davidadamson  You got Toslink to work at 24/192?? 
(24-Apr-2015, 18:39)ErikM Wrote:
(24-Apr-2015, 18:32)davidadamson Wrote: I have the same issue with my Aries and Devialet, I found a way around it however by using a meridian explorer version 1, USB out from Aries into explorer and the optical out from explorer to Devialet perfect up to 192/24.

@f1eng  I think that's exactly it but it's weird because it was fine using AES/EBU   

@davidadamson  You got Toslink to work at 24/192?? 

The optical inputs were downgraded from 24/192 to 24/96 in the update from D-Premier to he 240/250.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

I went and borrowed a AES cable again.. 24/192 works fine.. I'm speaking with Audio Plus Services about this and I have a email into Devialet, lets see what happens.
Problem Solved!! Spoke with Auralic and there is a bug in the current firmware.. They re going to push a beta update that's supposed to fix it.. But they are aware of it, so it is not a Devialet issue.
An upgrade beyond 2.4?
Well apparently I was partly wrong, seems that there is a beta for this issue with units having WiFi module 7260HMW. I of course have WiFi module AR9580 which isn't supposed to have this problem.

So I need to wait until next week while the engineers figure it out.. I think the good news is that it's an Auralic issue and not a defective 200.. but Auralic are going to speak with Devialet next week.. I wish I had another source that could output 24/192 on Coax to confirm it's the Aries but alas I don't..

It's just strange because AES/EBU and USB have zero issues..  

@davidadamson  I don't think it's a new version just a beta or tweak to 2.4 that address this specific bug..
Well it seems that it's most likely an Aries issue. The Aries has a rather low signal level on it's Spdif output..

Auralic says: "Output level of ARIES S/PDIF is around 0.4V which is below average level but according to the S/PDIF standard via COAX the minimum acceptable input level at receiver side should be able to accept 0.2V.

So there really is no fix it's not a firmware issue but a hardware issue..