Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Spark/Firmware Bugs (v1.1.1+)
Hello
Since yesterday I have noticed that my Dialog does not broadcast two wifi networks in the same time, the 2.4 and 5 GHz ones, but only one. I have unplugged it, re plugged and it will show either the 2.4 or the 5 GHz network. I have reset it together with my Phantom, but it makes no difference. A couple of weeks ago both networks were broadcasted simultaneously. Any idea?
Thank you
That's interesting. I didn't know it had both frequency bands. Can you tell which is which from the SSID name? I believe the dialog & phantoms only broadcast "ad hoc" access points, which is why I have to jump through hoops to get Windows 8.1 to see them.
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
Hi. The names are DialogNetwork-24-b89xxxxxx and Dialog Network-50-b89xxxxx
for the 2.4 GHz and 5.0 Ghz frequencies respectively. Yesterday it has broadcasted them both, today just one of them, but in no particular order or pattern. Strange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah, of course! Yes. I think I've only seen the -24- SSID. Didn't register it meant 2.4GHz. Will report back in a day or two if I can see the -50-. (Yes, I do have several 5Ghz-capable tablets & computers.)
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
(20-May-2015, 13:11)JohnnySix Wrote: Ah, of course! Yes. I think I've only seen the -24- SSID. Didn't register it meant 2.4GHz. Will report back in a day or two if I can see the -50-. (Yes, I do have several 5Ghz-capable tablets & computers.)

The Dialog does not communicate with tablets or computers wirelessly, just the Phantoms. Your stuff communicates with your own wireless network which is connected to the Dialog by an ethernet cable.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Of course. But both networks should be always visible among the other available networks according to Devialet. The point is that my Dialog rarely broadcasts them both at the same time. It rather broadcasts just one of them until I unplug it and re plug it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can confirm that both 2.4 and 5GHz Dialog SSID's are visible on my Samsung Galaxy Note.