Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Spark/Firmware Bugs (v1.1.1+)
What has happened to the music?

Before the update I had Deezer and Qobuz for online streaming. They are now gone. Does anybody else have a similar experience?
(09-May-2015, 23:09)stonedragon Wrote: What has happened to the music?

Before the update I had Deezer and Qobuz for online streaming. They are now gone. Does anybody else have a similar experience?

The update likely reset your Deezer and Qobuz account settings.

Click on "Edit my sources" go to the "Online sources" tab and activate Deezer and Qobuz (the selectors must turn orange); you will have to enter your Deezer and Qobuz account details.
EvaPa,

That is the problem, under 'Online Sources' there is no selector for the Deezer or Qobuz streaming service.

In the first iteration of the software there was, but now that has gone.

The software version I have is 1.1.2.0
(10-May-2015, 11:10)stonedragon Wrote: EvaPa,

That is the problem, under 'Online Sources' there is no selector for the Deezer or Qobuz streaming service.

In the first iteration of the software there was, but now that has gone.

The software version I have is 1.1.2.0

I still have Qobuz and Deezer options on 1.1.2.0, though I have never tried to use them, not having an account.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(10-May-2015, 11:10)stonedragon Wrote: That is the problem, under 'Online Sources' there is no selector for the Deezer or Qobuz streaming service.

Try resetting the Dialog and Phantoms, this will also restart the setup procedure.

(press three times on the Dialog's transparent button and on each Phantom's back button)
Perhaps the availability of those services depends on the ability of the device on which you are running SPARK to see the internet?
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
(11-May-2015, 12:42)JohnnySix Wrote: Perhaps the availability of those services depends on the ability of the device on which you are running SPARK to see the internet?

If you lose Internet access, Deezer and Qobuz can still be seen in the "Online Sources" tab.

If they had already been configured before losing Internet access, the services' names will be written in red on the "Home" tab and a "Deezer/Qobuz is not available" message will be shown on an orange bar on top of Spark's interface:
[Image: tMEF66Q.jpg]
The question then is whether those red items would show at all, if Spark had been updated or re-installed and then Internet connection lost.
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
(14-May-2015, 16:06)JohnnySix Wrote: The question then is whether those red items would show at all, if Spark had been updated or re-installed and then Internet connection lost.

Okay, I did the set up again and everything is back to normal after a scary upgrade process.

A couple of observations:

1. If Devialet want this product to reach a 'mass' audiophile audience they have to make the setup process far easier. There were moments that I thought my Phantoms had been 'bricked' (ie dying on upgrade process). The upgrade just hung on my iPad, but I had an android phone at hand and was able to continue the process. Even then things were far from ideal. For about 10 mins, only one Phantom wanted to play and the other remained stubbornly 'dead', but then came back to life. Simply not good enough.  Sad

2. Having said all of the above, do they sound better/different with the upgrade? To me they appear 'louder' with the volume control dialed in at the same level I used to use before. Also things seem to be much more stable as well. I can move from the PS3, to my Meridian to streaming without having to reboot, or turn things off and on.

3. They are still an amazing bit of kit. Wink  

4. I've sold off all my old stuff (B&W 803's, power amps etc) and I have no regrets in terms of sound and convenience. I really do think the writing is on the wall for traditional HiFi rigs - if all you want is a quality sound from a simple as possible setup. If I were a traditional hifi manufacturer I would be really scared about my future - well that is IF Devialet finally sort out the software!!!

Quick question - do you turn off your speakers and Dialog when your are done?
(15-May-2015, 08:45)stonedragon Wrote: Quick question - do you turn off your speakers and Dialog when your are done?

I always have. This does mean that the updates do not happen automatically overnight.

I had a similar experience to you with the update. I thought the process had crashed. It seemed to do one at a time, and take ages. I actually left it and went away to do something else.
Spark on the Mac seemed to have hung during the update, but I quit and re-launched it later and everything had been successfully updated.

The progress bar in Spark for Mac was definitely not accurate. Thankfully the process went ahead anyway.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire