Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*WARNING* SAM and Bypass dangerous bug
Warning. DO NOT use SAM while using Bypass/Pass thru function.

At least on my D400 this is not good at all. I get a digital sounding interference noise followed by a large pop. Only occurs when SAM is on and the bypass turned on (to watch TV, BlueRays, Playstation, etc). Bypass is connected to my Anthem receiver. I've never had this problem with my previous amp when using bypass with the Anthem. It's definitely the Devialet causing this and more specifically it's only when SAM is turned on. The companion will actually drop off after the loud digital sounding pop and then it will come back on by itself but the noise and pop will occur again, usually in a minute or two. It's very loud and you can actually see the drivers move violently when the pop occurs. Scary stuff.

Work around is to ALWAYS remember to turn off SAM before you use Bypass. Would hate to damage my speakers.
Raidho D2
(2) REL 528s
Devialet 400 Air Ethernet
Roon Nucleus w custom power supply
QNAP NAS
PS Audio P3 Powerplant and Powerbase
Furutech GTX_D Outlet on dedicated line
JPS Labs Kaptovators to the wall

Wow, between this and my thread it seems using bypass/passthrough is a problem! This sounds like a major bug!

I'll be reporting my issue to Devialet this weekend. I suggest others who have noticed the overheat issue, low gain issue and/or this issue do the same. Hopefully we can get their immediate attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Digital: ROON on Synology & SONOS Connect
Analog: Marantz TT-15s1 - ClearAudio Virtuoso MM Wood

Main: Devialet D250 - KEF LS50
Are you sure it is the Devialet? If the Anthem drops off after the pop it sounds logical that it is the Anthem. If the problem can be reproduced maybe hooking up your main speakers to the Anthem and watch TV for a while for testing and ruling out the Devialet is a good test.
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
100% sure it's the Devialet. It actually drops off (not the Anthem) after the digital noise and pop. Also, it will only do this with SAM activated. I can use bypass with no problems as long as SAM is deactivated. My suspicion is it has something to do with the SAM having a processing error with the Devialet in Bypass input. Again, there no other input that this happens with and it is clearly something going on with SAM.
Raidho D2
(2) REL 528s
QNAP NAS

Was told by customer support to not use D1 SAM with my D2s. Guess I'll wait for the D2s SAM to show up somewhere down the road.
Raidho D2
(2) REL 528s
QNAP NAS