Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amp keeps clipping
I was listening to the telly through the D this morning, turned it up and it cut out.  Checked the meters and at about -20dB the amp was clipping.  Tried other inputs and they were all doing the same.

Looked at the error page and it said

Last fault

A5120
IRQ 384
12S RT Error

Any ideas anyone, please?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
I have had exactly the same fault code in the past, it did not notice any problems with the amp in terms of functionality of SQ. I sent a query to Devialet, and they responded as follows:

"Sometimes, when the Device startups, it is not able to verify some elements of the startup.
That error message simply that the unit works properly but it did not succeed in verifying all components. It is related to the software, so nothing to worry about. It is a rare error message."

I got noticed this error message after changing some inputs on my system, together with having issues with the dreaded dual mono configuration bugs.

So it looks like something else is amiss with your system. Have you changed anything recently? This looks like the input gains are configured incorrectly? However, for this to change on all inputs autonomously, unfortunately looks like a fault somewhere. It might be worth checking the Configurator and maybe trying re loading the configuration. After that, contact Devialet.
(26-Apr-2015, 13:06)Confused Wrote: I have had exactly the same fault code in the past, it did not notice any problems with the amp in terms of functionality of SQ.  I sent a query to Devialet, and they responded as follows:

"Sometimes, when the Device startups, it is not able to verify some elements of the startup.
That error message simply that the unit works properly but it did not succeed in verifying all components. It is related to the software, so nothing to worry about. It is a rare error message."

I got noticed this error message after changing some inputs on my system, together with having issues with the dreaded dual mono configuration bugs.  

So it looks like something else is amiss with your system.  Have you changed anything recently?  This looks like the input gains are configured incorrectly?  However, for this to change on all inputs autonomously, unfortunately looks like a fault somewhere.  It might be worth checking the Configurator and maybe trying re loading the configuration.  After that, contact Devialet.

Thanks,
I altered my config. yesterday to adjust power saving only. I have loaded the previous config. and all is fine again.  Very strange...
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Informed Devialet of my experiences and got this back from them today:

Devialet Support (Devialet)

May 6, 16:00 
Dear Alex,
Thank you for your response.
The issue seems to be with one of the board of the Devialet.
Could you please give us an address where we can pick up your Devialet in order to perform a full check and repair?

Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Roger
Customer Care
Pour plus d’information, plusieurs outils sont disponibles sur notre site internet Devialet Support
For more information, please visit our support site Devialet Support
South Coast England