Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auralic Aries and Devialet 200
I bought a Auralic Aries to go with my Devialet 200 (not recieved it yet), got a TaraLabs digital XLR cabel to connect them. I have just seen and listened to the Aries at a show last year but not with a Devialet.

Anyone here who has tried a Aries with the AES input on their Devialet?

I will mostly use it for streaming Tidal.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Yes I have.. works fine.. 
(27-Apr-2015, 20:34)ErikM Wrote: Yes I have.. works fine.. 

Are you using Tidal on your Aries?
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system

tidal works pretty OK on Aries.
I don't..
(27-Apr-2015, 17:52)octaviars Wrote: I bought a Auralic Aries to go with my Devialet 200 (not recieved it yet), got a TaraLabs digital XLR cabel to connect them. I have just seen and listened to the Aries at a show last year but not with a Devialet.

I have Aries with Devialet 200. I used to use AES, but quickly moved to USB. Didn't try Tidal though.

But if you're going with AES, try some other XLR cable than TaraLabs just for fun. I tried Aries -> TaraLabs -> Audio Research CD9 and it wasn't that good. Don't know if the problem was with Aries or ARC, but I would check it just to be sure.
Did you find a USD connection to be superior to AES?
Devialet suggests to use AES wherever possible...
can you please provide more details on SQ via USB?
Or do you think it depends on a quality of a source connector as well?

thank you
(06-May-2015, 13:01)jjo Wrote:
(27-Apr-2015, 17:52)octaviars Wrote: I bought a Auralic Aries to go with my Devialet 200 (not recieved it yet), got a TaraLabs digital XLR cabel to connect them. I have just seen and listened to the Aries at a show last year but not with a Devialet.

I have Aries with Devialet 200. I used to use AES, but quickly moved to USB. Didn't try Tidal though.

But if you're going with AES, try some other XLR cable than TaraLabs just for fun. I tried Aries -> TaraLabs -> Audio Research CD9 and it wasn't that good. Don't know if the problem was with Aries or ARC, but I would check it just to be sure.

Why did you move on to USB? I asume it had something to do with the sound?

Intresting everyone tells me to use AES because it is the best input. I will certanly test both AES and USB with the Aries. Bought a secondhand Taralabs cable so it isnt a big deal if I have to sell it and get a nice USB cable.

Second system

At some point USB did indeed sound better to me. However, that was so many firmwares ago that things might have changed.
(07-May-2015, 07:54)jjo Wrote: At some point USB did indeed sound better to me. However, that was so many firmwares ago that things might have changed.

Ok, I will try both AES and USB when I get the Aries.

Second system