Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the best 110-ohm XLR interconnect?
Hello friends

For those of you who have a source with AES/EBU digital out what 110-ohm XLR interconnect you use with your Devialet?

And from other experience(s) or auditions, which 110-ohm XLR interconnect you consider the best? What will it be if money is no object and what will be best value for money?

Thanks
Amgad
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(03-May-2015, 12:22)amabrok Wrote: Hello friends

For those of you who have a source with AES/EBU digital out what 110-ohm XLR interconnect you use with your Devialet?

And from other experience(s) or auditions, which 110-ohm XLR interconnect you consider the best? What will it be if money is no object and what will be best value for money?

Thanks
Amgad

Try to get hold of some Echole Obsession Signature. Using it as hybrid umbilical between D800, and tried it as aes from many sources in many systems.

Cheers
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey

Thanks
Amgad

For best value for the money, I would recommend the DH Labs Silversonic D-110.

This is what I use between my Devialet 200 and Bryston BDP-2 digital streamer.

DH Labs D-110
(03-May-2015, 15:03)Kunter Wrote:

Thanks
Amgad

Try to get hold of some Echole Obsession Signature. Using it as hybrid umbilical between D800, and tried it as aes from many sources in many systems.

Cheers

Thanks Kunter. What is the average price point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis

Dubai, UAE
(03-May-2015, 15:36)samurai7595 Wrote:

Thanks
Amgad

For best value for the money, I would recommend the DH Labs Silversonic D-110.

This is what I use between my Devialet 200 and Bryston BDP-2 digital streamer.

DH Labs D-110

Thanks Samurai

Did get the chance to compare it with other cables?

Dubai, UAE
I us a Lynx Pro AES2 Professional Digital AES EBU cable
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(03-May-2015, 18:36)f1eng Wrote: I us a Lynx Pro AES2 Professional Digital AES EBU cable

Thanks!

What is the source and how would you rate your experience with it so far?

Dubai, UAE
(03-May-2015, 19:03)amabrok Wrote:
(03-May-2015, 18:36)f1eng Wrote: I us a Lynx Pro AES2 Professional Digital AES EBU cable

Thanks!

What is the source and how would you rate your experience with it so far?

The source is a Goldmund Mimesis 36+ CD transport. I bought it on Amazon UK in 2011 and it seems to work perfectly. It is no longer available on Amazon though.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(03-May-2015, 15:56)amabrok Wrote:
(03-May-2015, 15:03)Kunter Wrote:

Thanks
Amgad

Cheers

Thanks Kunter. What is the average price point?

A bit on the high side so it would be the "money no object". Around 4k €
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey
I use an Audience Au24 SE AES/EBU cable between my PS Audio PWT and my D400.

I plan to get one of their newly annouced* Au24 SE USB cables for my file player connection.

*San Marcos, CA, April 13, 2015 – Audience today announced the introduction of its Au24 SE USB cable, a premium-quality USB interconnect designed to deliver superior sound quality from digital music files and source components with USB connectivity.

The new Audience Au24 SE USB is engineered for ultimate timing conveyance of digital signals and highly effective shielding against EMI and RFI. It employs a “dual-cable” construction, with separated conductors for the data (signal) path and for the power path, a configuration that ensures the best-possible signal integrity and isolation.

The data side of the Au24 SE USB features shielded silver over OCC copper conductors with Teflon insulation. The power side is also shielded and made from OCC copper wire with polypropylene insulation. The USB connector contacts are gold-plated copper.

Two versions of the Au24 SE USB are available: one with a single USB-A male connector at the source end and another version with two USB-A male connectors at the source end for use with computers and components where the data and power can be sent from two different USB busses, for the ultimate in signal and power isolation.

“While it may seem counterintuitive to think that a USB cable can make such a profound difference in the sound heard from digital music sources, the proof is in the listening,” said John McDonald, president of Audience. “USB cables deliver both digital data and DC power, and as in the case with a digital transport or D/A converter, the timely conveyance and coherent delivery of the data flow is critical to sonic purity. There are a number of factors in USB cable materials and construction, such as dielectric absorption and the metallurgical characteristics of the conductors, which can affect the timing flow of the data stream. And timing is critical when you consider that a piece of digital music has millions of bits of data per second – and all of them need to be coherently conveyed.”

McDonald continued, “keeping EMI and RFI away from the digital transmission and power flow benefits by ensuring data integrity by blocking interference. The sonic improvements of a high-quality USB cable can be clearly heard: more purity to the music, a more expansive and realistic soundstage and a more natural quality for vocals and instruments.”

The Audience Au24 SE USB cable is currently available at a suggested retail price of $945 for a one-meter dual-end (two USB connectors) cable and $895 for a single-end (one USB connector) cable. Please consult with Audience or an authorized dealer for pricing for other lengths.