Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom delivered today. A problem already.
Dear all

A new owner of Phantoms and a dialogue as from today. UPS screwed up by putting one of the phantoms on the wrong van so I received one phantom and the dialogue. I am not sure which part of two of three parcels confused them.

Anyway, I decided to get one up and running initially without the dialogue. Everything was going fine, the speaker was singing in standbye mode and then it stopped. I unplugged from the mains but although I get the woofer flutter after 15 secs there is still no standbye music. I tried to install using the dialogue but got as far as touching the speaker which did not do bugger all.

Not a great start. I am a little confused regarding the button on the rear, is it an on/off button or just for synching the phantom?
Hold the button down for 30 seconds that should reset the phantom after 30 seconds it will make a woofer sound, wait a few minutes and it should start the drone music
(06-May-2015, 21:17)davidadamson Wrote: Hold the button down for 30 seconds that should reset the phantom after 30 seconds it will make a woofer sound, wait a few minutes and it should start the drone music

The reset procedure is three presses in quick succession, after the phantom has been plugged in for more than 30 seconds.
Thanks for the replies. Alternatives methods to try.
Touching the speaker is like "laying hands on it" for a few seconds. It sometimes responds to movement towards the speaker rather than just a touch, but you do need to lay your palm on it for a few seconds.
Done that and more. Stroked it, swore at it and pleaded. No joy.
After hitting the button 3 times and unplugging and replugging the power, you should hear it hum.
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
I had very little success before giving in and using the Dialog. It's always best to reset BOTH Dialog and Phantom(s) at the same time (3 presses) before restarting Spark setup, when they seem to have totally stopped talking to each other.
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
Thanks for the help. Up and running although only on Deezer as it cannot see my Nas or Cocktail x10 either on the netwrk or the x10 directly plugged into the optical socket.
(07-May-2015, 15:04)Rodrat2 Wrote: Thanks for the help. Up and running although only on Deezer as it cannot see my Nas or Cocktail x10 either on the netwrk or the x10 directly plugged into the optical socket.

That's not normal regarding the X10, did you enable the optical input it is connected to? (Edit my sources -> Local Sources)

The Phantoms should automatically start playing when something is sent over the optical input, at least mine do for the TV and PS3.