Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaker cables from foil
Sorry, Mike, i had not seen your message with all the fuss about the new firmware...

I meant that the only flat cable I had seen in Mundorf's catalogue was either silver or silver/gold, or the copper contained in the inductances. So you have seen separate flat copper cable at Mundorf's?

(I have used Mundorf capacitors of all types to improve my loudspeakers - fantastic quality)
Oslo: sources: Mac Mini/Itunes/Audirvana,  glassfiber toslink/Mapleshade clearview USB to D200;
Double helix to Gallo Strada 2 with mapleshade stands, TR3 subwoofer.

Spain: Oppo 95 vacuumstate modded, Kimber select 1021, Linn Classik Movie Di to Gallo Solos through Goertz Python cable

(14-May-2015, 15:34)Divasson Wrote: Sorry, Mike, i had not seen your message with all the fuss about the new firmware...

I meant that the only flat cable I had seen in Mundorf's catalogue was either silver or silver/gold, or the copper contained in the inductances. So you have seen separate flat copper cable at Mundorf's?

(I have used Mundorf capacitors of all types to improve my loudspeakers - fantastic quality)

Hi,

There is absolutely flat copper foils with widths of 17, 28, 44 and 70 mm: http://www.hificollective.co.uk/catalog/...ndorf.html.

Mundorf capacitors are very fine and in the right position make real difference. In the end of my diy days I changed for Duelund caps which were even better but at quite some price.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
Great thread...let's keep it going. Can you guys please bring us up to date with your cable experiments.

Have you tried Duland flat?

http://www.hificollective.co.uk/sites/de...review.pdf 

And/or any of the ready made Mundorf silver/gold cables?
Boenicke, Mola Mola, Hi Diamond, fidata, Lumin, AQVOX, SteinMusic, Bybee, toetapaudio
And also have you tried Beonicke S3?
Boenicke, Mola Mola, Hi Diamond, fidata, Lumin, AQVOX, SteinMusic, Bybee, toetapaudio
I use mundorf pure silver ribbons , 5m a side length, as my speaker cables , they are encased in heat shrink flat tubing , works a charm and was not expensive compared to some speaker cables , best I have tried so far.
They are used under a carpet and are one atop the other , use little bits of blutak to keep em together
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room