Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Branch stand.
Based on the picture and dimensions of the Phantom, they seem to be about 600mm high. Putting aside the looks, they seem to be a bit low. I am currently using 100mm stands which are perhaps slightly to high. I Would have thought 800 mm to be the ideal height putting the tweeter at ear level when seated.

Has anyone seen the specs on the remote? Is it simply a volume control or does it display the playlist or the travh?
My custom made ones are 800mm high (solid teak):
[Image: 7G6dkF8.jpg]
(the ADAM Audio ARTist 6 next to it is 850mm high and was used as a temporary stand)

These are the "handmade" anchor points securing the Phantom's chassis to the column:
[Image: U0u5Rhi.jpg]
(mainly here due to quite a few cats roaming around)

The end result:
[Image: HWKFF6h.jpg]

Regarding the remote, only play/pause, previous/next and volume have been show up to now (as far as I know); the screen is some sort of e-paper:
[Image: xn9xurj.png]

It also looks quite tall, going by the one shown at the Phantom's launch event:
[Image: Aiz98qxl.jpg]
(09-May-2015, 02:00)EvPa Wrote: My custom made ones are 800mm high (solid teak):
[Image: 7G6dkF8.jpg]
(the ADAM Audio ARTist 6 next to it is 850mm high and was used as a temporary stand)

These are the "handmade" anchor points securing the Phantom's chassis to the column:
[Image: U0u5Rhi.jpg]
(mainly here due to quite a few cats roaming around)

The end result:
[Image: HWKFF6h.jpg]

Regarding the remote, only play/pause, previous/next and volume have been show up to now (as far as I know); the screen is some sort of e-paper:
[Image: xn9xurj.png]

It also looks quite tall, going by the one shown at the Phantom's launch event:
[Image: Aiz98qxl.jpg]

Good work with the custom made Phantom stand.

For the remote, I'm not sure that this is the final specs. I believe it is not final as yet so may be the e-ink display will have additional screens (probably by swiping left or right) which will add more functionality to the remote.

I stand to be corrected, though. As with Devialet custom, they leave us out in the dark and prone for more speculations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(09-May-2015, 09:39)clive.grace Wrote: I find the branch stands a bit ornate and want something minimal and yet at odds with the spherical nature of the speaker so I designed Z stands from 65mm Iroko worktops that used to form my Mixing desk table...

I ought to have them finished soon, maybe this week. I have some whacky feet for this. Colette have agreed to upgrade my 750W models to the Silver Phantoms and if they do what I think they will do, I shall be selling my D200 and B&W800s because the Phantoms alone are "close enough"

I still cannot quite get my head around the fact that these tiny balls can so completely fill a room and with such ease and elegance...

I would love to hear your feedback on Phantom performance vs D200 + B&W800s. I'm thinking to switch my D200 to two Silvers, too. Here in China, Phantom is scheduled to be launched in June/July period.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Had you considered the angle of the phantoms? They tilt upwards and it seems an ideal height would be 24 inches (sorry not metric here ). This from a 2 to 3 meter listening distance directs the tweeter at my ear level, higher than that would be over my head.
Any respond from Devialet about the availability?
My Phantoms had been on a pair of one metre tall stands where the tweeter passed way over my head. They were perhaps to close together but sounded fine. I have now put them on a pair of 650 mm stands which on a rough estimate are the same height as the Branch stands. They seem a bit duller and slightly shut in. I heard Franks pair on tall stands which also sounded fine. I was going to push the buy button when the Branch stands were available, I am not so sure now especially at £250 a pop.
[Image: 81a5bfb8a97ed86412490168b1ad3d84.jpg]

VPI stands, nice fit until Branch comes along

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am interested in Branch as I would be able to hide the cable. At least a part of it, still not sure what to do between the stand and the wall.