Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 400 Companion shuts down
I have a Devialet 400 & Magico Q3 & its woks fine about 9 month
But last night I turn my system on and I nothing to hear on my right channel (Companion unit) 
Ethernet input has correct (white) indication on Master unit, but on Companion unit I'll see Dig 1 "orange" indication (not Ethernet input) & than Companion turns off

If I press the front button on it - it shows "Companion mode on Dig 1 input, link status None"

I'll completly disconnect my system, reboot router, reinstall official (not beta) firmware on each Devialet's & reinstall Config files

Than the Ethernet input work fine & I may listen the music. But if I'll turn Phono input (I'll have also Bauer Audio DPS turntable) the promblem is still here - Master unit indicates Phono white & Companion unit indicates Dig 1 orange about 5 sec than Companion units turns off & I'll nothing to hear on my rigth (Companion) channel
I'll turn my system off & turn it on - than the Ethernet indut on Companion doesnt work, and the Phono input doesnt work too & there is no way to listen music

My units is broken & needs to repair?

I'll send mail to Devialet support, but if there is any ideas, please help

Thanks
Try a full reboot after a compete power cycle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(08-May-2015, 22:32)amabrok Wrote: Try a full reboot after a compete power cycle

Done
Ethernet works, Phono didnt woks
Same thing
I have another issue with my D400. Sometimes when I press the power button both units fail to complete the boot up sequence. But a second press on the power button usually gets the job done. This issue I have is not occurring every time I power my D400 up and of course it seems different than yours.

Has this appeared all of a sudden or after a certain change in the setup?

Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis

Dubai, UAE
(08-May-2015, 22:38)amabrok Wrote: I have another issue with my D400. Sometimes when I press the power button both units fail to complete the boot up sequence. But a second  press on the power button usually gets the job done. This issue I have is not occurring every time I power my D400 up and of course it seems different than yours.

Has this appeared all of a sudden or after a certain change in the setup?

No, I'll nothing change on my setup
Disconnect the master slave link and take out the SD card from ur slave unit a d reboot. This should boot up the slave unit in the factory default setup of D200. If this works then at least u know that the unit works and that the problem is with dual mono configuration

Dubai, UAE
(08-May-2015, 22:44)amabrok Wrote: Disconnect the master slave link and take out the SD card from ur slave unit a d reboot. This should boot up the slave unit in the factory default setup of D200. If this works then at least u know that the unit works and that the problem is with dual mono configuration

All units indicates all as normal
But now I change my config and test standalone Devialet 200 configuration
And Ethernet port on it is silent! But if I back to 400 config - Ethernet works, but Phono didnt works
This is very strange
Maybe some power instability on home power line has dameged my Devialets?
(08-May-2015, 23:05)kjj11 Wrote:
(08-May-2015, 22:44)amabrok Wrote: Disconnect the master slave link and take out the SD card from ur slave unit a d reboot. This should boot up the slave unit in the factory default setup of D200. If this works then at least u know that the unit works and that the problem is with dual mono configuration

And Ethernet port on it is silent! But if I back to 400 config - Ethernet works, but Phono didnt works
This is very strange

Maybe. And I could be stating the obvious but make sure that all inputs in question are enabled and properly setup in the Configurator

Dubai, UAE
(08-May-2015, 23:07)amabrok Wrote:
(08-May-2015, 23:05)kjj11 Wrote:

This is very strange

Maybe. And I could be stating the obvious but make sure that all inputs in question are enabled and properly setup in the Configurator

Yes

I'll try diffirent configs & what I found
- Optical, Spdif, Usb, Wi-Fi works correctly
- Ethernet works sometimes
- Line or Phono inputs didnt work - link status none
This is found in Devialet 400 configuration

On Devialet 200 now I'll see "wrong config" on any Config configuration
But on Factory Config Ethernet works fine

So, I'll wait Devialet support & answer to my Devialet dealer about repair
I had very similar issues when trying to configure inputs on the companion amplifier. There are some bugs in the configurator, and if the master and companion configurations go slightly out of sync in anyway, then the companion shuts down. This can also occur if you have enabled the companion inputs but the 3.5mm trigger cable is not properly connected.

It might be worth carefully creating a new pair of config cards, with the companion inputs disabled, as the companion inputs appears to invoke the dreaded configurator bugs most easily.

The configurator bugs remain, after being reported many months ago. Not acceptable in my view.