Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
ROON
This looks interesting: https://kb.roonlabs.com/DSP_Engine
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
The ability to edit primary artists was greatly needed.
Scheduled incremental hot backups is priceless.
The DR range reading: I'm not sure about as they use a different algorithm than the dynamic range database.
I was excited about the EQ but it's to hard to get at and to turn on and off to be of use on certain albums. Hopefully they adress this.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(01-Feb-2017, 22:24)Confused Wrote: This looks interesting.  Although I have to admit that I have a terrible fear of new audio software, I have been badly bitten in the past....

So if you guys could give it a try, see if all is good, and I'll probably jump in at the weekend and join the fun.

Meanwhile, I am very pleased to see some additional functionality aimed at audio performance, rather than just new library features.  Good stuff!

I can assure you it's good and very worthwhile upgrading! Smile

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(02-Feb-2017, 12:20)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(01-Feb-2017, 22:24)Confused Wrote: This looks interesting.  Although I have to admit that I have a terrible fear of new audio software, I have been badly bitten in the past....

So if you guys could give it a try, see if all is good, and I'll probably jump in at the weekend and join the fun.

Meanwhile, I am very pleased to see some additional functionality aimed at audio performance, rather than just new library features.  Good stuff!

I can assure you it's good and very worthwhile upgrading! Smile

Stupid question but how does one upgrade? I've gone into Roon and can't see how I do this. In the past I've had a pop up telling me that a new version is available and I've just clicked on that. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Sometimes the popup takes a while - but if you go into Settings > About, it should come up there.

You can do this via the iOS App for the Core, but the iOS App itself has to be done via the App Store (updates).

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(02-Feb-2017, 12:30)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Sometimes the popup takes a while - but if you go into Settings > About, it should come up there.

You can do this via the iOS App for the Core, but the iOS App itself has to be done via the App Store (updates).

Thanks!  Smile

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Upgraded to 1.3 without issues.

Unfortunately my li'll sT ain't gonna manage upsampling to DSD and other DSP functions... bugger.

Everything seems to work ok though.

Guillaume

UK
Don't forget it will be running analysis on all your files again. You might find dsp works better after that. If you've got a lot of files it can take a looong time for the R128 analysis (among other things). You can disable it (temporarily or permanently although the latter probably not advisable) and see if the DSP runs better when its got all the cpu back. Parametric EQ is very quick for me, even multiple bands, multiple EQs. Upsampling and convolution obviously take more resources. I've personally never got much out of up sampling, whether thats the Dev or not (or my ears) I'm not sure. The EQs are far more beneficial to me.
Bye bye Devialet tone controls!

I like the looks of "Enable Meridian Streaming" in the Dev section under Settings!
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

(02-Feb-2017, 15:17)AaronG Wrote: I like the looks of "Enable Meridian Streaming" in the Dev section under Settings!

Haha, yes I've got a feeling that might be going in the imminent bug fix release(s)