Poll: How many 200 and 250 owners are thinking of going dual mono in the next 12 months?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I'm not thinking of going dual mono
48.89%
22 48.89%
I own a 200 and I'm thinking of going for the 400
31.11%
14 31.11%
I own a 250 and I'm thinking of upgrading to an 800
20.00%
9 20.00%
Total 45 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dual mono survey!
How many 200 and 250 owners are thinking of going dual mono?

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
OK I admit I'm thinking of demoing a 200 Slave.

I very much hope it makes little difference, because I'd rather put the extra £5K towards a future speaker upgrade.

Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
(28-Jun-2014, 23:40)Jwg1749 Wrote: OK I admit I'm thinking of demoing a 200 Slave.

I very much hope it makes little difference, because I'd rather put the extra £5K towards a future speaker upgrade.

Matt

That's a tough call Matt (dual mono v speaker upgrade). Re speaker upgrades would you stay in the ML family?

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(29-Jun-2014, 11:47)GuillaumeB Wrote: That's a tough call Matt (dual mono v speaker upgrade). Re speaker upgrades would you stay in the ML family?

Guillaume

Cheers, Guillaume.

Everything's up in the air at the moment, as we may be moving house this summer. If we do, I'll have a bigger room for my main system. I think the ML Montis will work well with more space.

But I'll have two other systems to think about: one in the (big) living room, and one in the TV room. New speakers (and indeed amplification) may be in order in both rooms.

As I was driving down the M4 this evening I started wondering about what I really want. The Montis offer amazing transparency and presence, better than I've heard from any dynamic speakers. With classical music (which makes up 80-90% of my listening), I can't see myself moving away from electrostatic speakers. And since the Montis have the best panel-sub integration of any ML models, they will be keepers.

But for rock music 'statics do sound a little "soft": they don't give you the same mid-range punch as dynamics. I figure this is because of the way rock music is produced: the engineers use active dynamic speakers, and they tailor the sound for them. So maybe I need a second system that works best with rock. It'll be less transparent than the MLs, but more gutsy.

So I may save up for a pair of active ATCs for the living room. Not as transparent as Devialet + ML, but variety is the spice of life!

Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
The kind chaps at Oxford Audio have lent me their D200 for the weekend, so as I type this I am listening to Stevie Ray Vaughan through a D400 setup into my B&W 802Ds. Very interesting.
GorbeSE/SME 309/DV XX-2 & Roon Rock (NUC) > D400 > Wilson Benesch Vectors
I vowed that the D200 would be the last amp I'd ever buy. And my wife has this in writing .... However, the euro/sterling exchange rate (and my Devialet dealer is in Dublin, in the Eurozone), means I could pick up a slave for just over £4-and-a-bit-K.

It's awfully tempting ....can someone please talk to my wife about this on my behalf...?
I'll be hiding behind the settee.

ATB, Ken

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Auralic Aries G2 > Kii Control > Kii Audio 3 BXT