Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Devialet Website - Phantom Section
Hi all,

I do not know if you have been looking at it yet (most people seem to be checking the Expert pages), but, following the unveiling of Devialet's new website, there is some new information on http://en.devialet.com/phantom/#use/.

Things of note:
1. Tidal and SoundCloud are supposed to be accessible through Spark, with web radios coming soon (nothing here, I guess that a new Spark version will be released shortly)

2. the other services listed (YouTUbe, AirPlay, Netflix...) are not integrated into Spark (what would we do with video steaming services anyway), it's just that you can listen to them through another thing plugged to the TOSLINK input.I mean, yeah, I have already listened to YouTube videos on my Phantoms through my TV's TOSLINK output but it's not exactly what I would call a feature of said Phantoms... it's like any other audio feed.

3. there is apparently a free Bluetooth module until the 14th of June, with Bluetooth integrated into Phantoms as from the 15th of June.

The link provided in order to request your free Bluetooth module leads to the request submission page, I have sent a message in order to know more details about this.
I am not sure regarding how you are supposed to connect said Bluetooth module though... It does not seem to require a Dialog so a USB dongle is unlikely; maybe a Bluetooth receiver with TOSLINK output?
I ordered my bluetooth module through this page 2 days ago and received the confirmation it'll be sent to me soon. No idea how it's supposed to be connected to the Phantom. I'll tell you once I'll get it.
I would love if Spark could stream video services, so I didn't have to use the optical and could go completely wireless.
Amen to that, Brother! Spark needs either another input option to stream whatever is being played through the computer's soundcard, or provide a Windows 'WDM' driver (like JRiver does), to use Spark as a selectable Sound Output Device.
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
Just received the BT adapter today. It's a Nu-Force BTR-100. It connects to the Phantom through TOS-link and supports AAC & APT-X.

See full details about it here :
https://www.nuforce.com/index.php?option...temid=2539