Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
DSD via USB
Has anyone tried Bit Perfect's DSD master? I currently use a mac-mini and separate hard drive with iTunes/iPad as an interface with my D250 and Magico V2 speakers. I enjoy the easy interface/categorization with iTunes/iPad and can't get this with Audirvana yet.
@Funsloop, do you succeed in playing DSD from the Synology ?
Does it show DSD64 on the Devialet screen ?
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -
Hello again,

Well, using DS Audio app by synology : still have 192/24 on devialet USB.
Using minimserver : still looking for the perfect controller allowing straight DSD from USB Nas straight to Devialet's USB input.

Or buying an intermediate renderer like Auralic or Small Lumin.

Well,
Please send your ideas.
Devialet 200 - Restek Ergo - synology 214+
Master Loudspeakers : Grand Cru Audio Essentiel
Funny toys Loudspeakers : Penaudio Charisma
(31-May-2015, 15:44)Funsloop Wrote: Hello again,

Using minimserver : still looking for the perfect controller allowing straight DSD from USB Nas straight to Devialet's USB input.

Well,
Please send your ideas.

By "straight DSD" do you mean "native DSD" or DoP (DSD over PCM, where the native DSD file is packaged within a PCM wrapper). From my readings the Devialet doesn't support "native DSD" but rather DoP.

From past experience MinimServer doesn't support any form of DSD from a Synology. This may have recently changed.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
Hi,

Yes I mean Dop.

Any of you having positive result with Nas -> usb out -> Devialet USB Input
All this without PC or Mac switched ON ?
Which IPad app ?

Thanks
(31-May-2015, 15:51)rwjr44 Wrote:
(31-May-2015, 15:44)Funsloop Wrote: Hello again,

Well,
Please send your ideas.

By "straight DSD" do you mean "native DSD" or DoP (DSD over PCM, where the native DSD file is packaged within a PCM wrapper). From my readings the Devialet doesn't support "native DSD" but rather DoP.

From past experience MinimServer doesn't support any form of DSD from a Synology. This may have recently changed.

I use a Synology DS213+ with minimserver and has used it with dsd for many months so that is somthing new to me that it dosent work Smile
My Devialet shows DSD64 when I play a dsd file with my Auralic Aries via aes/ebu and before that I used a Pioneer reciever witch did the same over network.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Well, that's it : you've had an Auralic Aries.

I did not do it yet !
(31-May-2015, 17:15)Funsloop Wrote: Well, that's it : you've had an Auralic Aries.

I did not do it yet !

I just got my Aries but I have listened to dsd files with my pioneer reciever before, minimserver has been able to send dff and dsf files for a long time so that is not anything new.
I dont think you are going to get dsd files in DoP via USB from a Synology regardles of what program you are using or am I missing what you want to do?
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Yes I wished to find some DoP on the USB output of the sinology NAS.
Using minimserver or DS Audio.

But DS Audio Does 24/192
And I do not find IPad app able to do that without switching On a computer.

That's it !
(31-May-2015, 13:11)drdkey Wrote: Has anyone tried Bit Perfect's DSD master? I currently use a mac-mini and separate hard drive with iTunes/iPad as an interface with my D250 and Magico V2 speakers. I enjoy the easy interface/categorization with iTunes/iPad and can't get this with Audirvana yet.

Yes, I have. It works as it says on the tin. I like what I hear, that's about all I can say as I don't know what to expect from DSD in contrast to PCM...

I also remember reading somewhere "seriously audiophile" (I can't remember exactly what website) that converting DSD to PCM with DSD Master and then playing it as a PCM file sounded not just different (read better in this case) from "official" PCM files for that same record, but actually better that the original DSD... Something of course difficult to prove, but if you want the message to read is that using DSD Master and converting DSD files to PCM actually allows those who have DSD files to listen to them in a non DSD DAC, and listen to a better version in the end! I guess only your ears will be the true judge on that.

Cheers!

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBPro 2008 > Dev 120 > KEF LS50. Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.