Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Master/Slave Link Summary
I have no clue how the Cystal cable sounds as I bought my two D200 separately. I am currently using the Chord Epic digital epic, and it certainly improved on the Transparent performance digital. But at 4 times the price one would expect the Chord to sound better.
Auralic Mini (Sbooster LPSU), Rega RP8, Melco N1A, Devialet D200, Devialet 400, ELAC BS314, ELAC BS312, Sonus Faber Olympica 1, Audioquest (Victoria, Yosemite, Vodka Cat7, Carbon USB) Chord Epic Master/Companion link, Wireworld Oasis 7 speaker cable, Inakustik Reference LS-803 speaker cable,Isotek premium mains cables, TCI mains cables, Atlas mains unfiltered distribution block, Supra filtered mains distribution block, and synergistic research (red/black fuse,sort kone), and vertexaq (silver-jaya).
I tried a Mad Scientist HDC but preferred an AudioQuest Eagle Eye to either the HDC or stock Crystal Cable. The Crystal is harsh and thin, the HDC mellow but lacks detail, and the Eagle Eye improves on everything. I'm sure there are better cables, but those that I've tried have made a noticable difference so I highly recommend upgrading from the Crystal Cable. See my profile for detailed comparisons of those three cables.
Unfortunately Audioquest has stopped making Eagle Eye and replaced it with the Coffee line if I am not mistaken. I have been very impressed with the Audioquest line of cables. Currently I am auditioning the Vodka Cat7 cable and it has been the most impressive upgrade yet. I know it's that good that I put it above any one component. My current setup is the Melco N1A --> Auralic mini (Sbooster PSU)--> D400 -->Elac BS 314. The Auralic is feeding the Master using the Chord Shawline Spdif coax, and this is the weak point in the chain and most probably I am going to change to Audioquest Coffee. Same goes for the master and companion link. Audioquest all the way will bring more synergy I believe or at least hope so. Although I am very impressed with the Chord Epic digital cable so we shall see how replacing it with the Coffee turns out.
Auralic Mini (Sbooster LPSU), Rega RP8, Melco N1A, Devialet D200, Devialet 400, ELAC BS314, ELAC BS312, Sonus Faber Olympica 1, Audioquest (Victoria, Yosemite, Vodka Cat7, Carbon USB) Chord Epic Master/Companion link, Wireworld Oasis 7 speaker cable, Inakustik Reference LS-803 speaker cable,Isotek premium mains cables, TCI mains cables, Atlas mains unfiltered distribution block, Supra filtered mains distribution block, and synergistic research (red/black fuse,sort kone), and vertexaq (silver-jaya).
I got the Eagle Eye because it is available used much cheaper than the Diamond which replaced it. AudioQuest authenticates their cables for free and so makes the used market safer for buyers (thus raising resale prices and thus new prices). I'm not advocating AudioQuest in any way other than that their cable sounds better than the others I've tried for master/slave link.
Thanks for the clarification regarding the audioquest digital cables. I have just listened to the Auralic mini through its analogue out via the Yosemite RCA-RCA and compared it to its coax out. I know it might sound ridiculous but the analogue out through the mini sounds much more clearer or to use the audiophile phrase "another veil has been lifted". Add to this there is an increase in soundstage accuracy. This really has left me with no choice but to change the Chord Epic and Shawline digital interconnects with Audioquest. Whatever Audioquest is doing they are doing it right. Yeah and just as a disclaimer I don't work for Audioquest nor do I have any financial ties with the brand.
(21-Jun-2016, 22:51)helloworld1978 Wrote: Thanks for the clarification regarding the audioquest digital cables. I have just listened to the Auralic mini through its analogue out via the Yosemite RCA-RCA and compared it to its coax out. I know it might sound ridiculous but the analogue out through the mini sounds much more clearer or to use the audiophile phrase "another veil has been lifted". Add to this there is an increase in soundstage accuracy. This really has left me with no choice but to change the Chord Epic and Shawline digital interconnects with Audioquest. Whatever Audioquest is doing, they are doing it right. Yeah and just as a disclaimer I don't work for Audioquest nor do I have any financial ties with the brand.

If you think Vodka is good try the Diamond Cat7. Crazy good. I also use Carbon Cat7 for 20m runs, from my study to listening room.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(21-Jun-2016, 22:54)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(21-Jun-2016, 22:51)helloworld1978 Wrote: Thanks for the clarification regarding the audioquest digital cables. I have just listened to the Auralic mini through its analogue out via the Yosemite RCA-RCA and compared it to its coax out. I know it might sound ridiculous but the analogue out through the mini sounds much more clearer or to use the audiophile phrase "another veil has been lifted". Add to this there is an increase in soundstage accuracy. This really has left me with no choice but to change the Chord Epic and Shawline digital interconnects with Audioquest. Whatever Audioquest is doing, they are doing it right. Yeah and just as a disclaimer I don't work for Audioquest nor do I have any financial ties with the brand.

If you think Vodka is good try the Diamond Cat7. Crazy good. I also use Carbon Cat7 for 20m runs, from my study to listening room.

Guillaume

I am sure the Diamond Cat7 would be, being of 100% pure silver construction. This might be off the topic as we are now discussing Cat7 cable. But I can tell you that never has a cable made such a huge impression on me as the Vodka. I have speakers that throw out a lot of detail. So before the Vodka (the cable  Smile ) I heard all this minute detail coming through the AMT tweeters but could not make sense of it. For like 2-3 months I have lived with the notion that they were broken as all I heard was fuzz (for lack of better term). Today I put on Cat Stevens (Tea for the Tillerman) in 192/24 and it was like listening to the original tapes. The sound was raw, analogue, and full of detail with subtle recording cues. Detail that I did not hear on the LP with my Rega RP8. This digital recording sounded more analogue and 3 dimensional than the LP I have. Well to say the least it was an emotional experience.
is this that one to replace the crystal ?
http://www.futureshop.co.uk/audioquest-c...22kY5OLSgQ

are you really positive on the gap ?
I have an Ethernet Audioquest Cinnamon from the Moon to Nas. AQ is a reliable brand.
DEVIALET 400 - RPI3 + DIGIONE picoreplayer - APERTURA ONIRA -
So I have run into a very interesting problem with the Audioquest Diamond Digital 0.75m coaxial cable and Devialet. Well in just few words the cable does not work when transmitting 24/192 content, unless you remove the batteries from the DBS. This problem is limited to Devialet as I have tested the cable with a Cyrus Pre2 Dac and it is working fine with the DBS batteries inside. I find this behaviour very strange. And the idea of removing the batteries in order to make the cable work with the Devialet came from another gentleman who had similar experience. Link attached below.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f6-dac...eye-24986/

Well the problem is most certainly odd. And I have contacted Audioquest to provide some input. Will keep everyone posted.
I had the same problem, and AudioQuest generously swapped my cable for a new one. This remedied the problem. Don't know what caused the problem, but the problem has been gone ever since. I did ask AudioQuest to swap my 0,75m to a 1 meter cable.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands