Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D200 Cutting Out
(19-May-2015, 05:22)MDB Wrote: Thanks guys!   Turns out the positive/negative of the one channel was just barely touching at the Devialet. Problem fixed!  

Thanks everyone!!

Glad to know you have fixed your problem. It also shows that Devialet amps seem to be well protected, and the error messages can be quite useful.
Devialet 800, Focal Utopia Diva (SAM), Roon 1.3 (build 242, Devialet Air in Roon) + Audio PC (customized Windows 10) + Android app
France
I'm resuscitating this thread as I have just experienced the same problem.

My system is a Melco NA 1 running into a D400 which feeds Yamaha NS 1000M's.

At high volumes, the Companion, feeding the right channel, cuts out transiently (for 2 or 3 seconds maybe) rather in the manner of a tape drop-out. When I first experienced this a few weeks back, I thought it was a problem with the mastering of the (old) piece then playing and disregarded it. This time, though, I found that if I cut the volume, the music played flawlessly. When I pumped the volume up again (to -8dB) the drop-out recurred.

I have checked that there is no limitation of the power outputs of the monoblocks imposed by configurator settings. The system reports 'Last Fault - None'.

Am I simply hitting the output limits of the Companion, or might there be some other contributor?

Fraser