Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video of SAM in action !!
(04-Jul-2014, 16:37)Sylvain27 Wrote: Hello,
does someone knows the references of the music we can ear in this video? I have asked Devialet,
but I did not get any reply at the moment.
Best regards,
Sylvain

Jacques Loussier Play Bach ? (not sure which one): Gavotte in D Major.

I am a big Jacques Loussier fan. A lot of Bach lovers seem to disapprove, but most certainly do not!
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(01-Jul-2014, 11:29)f1eng Wrote: Well not quite! Playing an LP through a phono stage with no warp filter (which is daft BTW) does give bass unit pumping, but it is visibly synchronous with the record turning, not like this.
Hopefully Devialet have rolled off the effect just before the cone bottoms out on all SAM files that they have created, so it should be OK on the drive unit.

f1eng,
Do you use the subsonic filter on the Devialet? Do you find it sufficient?
Thorens TD-166 MK II, Intel NUC (Streacom fanless case, Windows 10, Audiophile Optimizer, Roon, HQPlayer and Acourate), HDPlex 100W LPSU, Uptone Regen, Devialet 120, Sonus Faber Liuto, GIK Acoustics Bass Traps
(07-Jul-2014, 17:53)pete86 Wrote:
(01-Jul-2014, 11:29)f1eng Wrote: Well not quite! Playing an LP through a phono stage with no warp filter (which is daft BTW) does give bass unit pumping, but it is visibly synchronous with the record turning, not like this.
Hopefully Devialet have rolled off the effect just before the cone bottoms out on all SAM files that they have created, so it should be OK on the drive unit.

f1eng,
Do you use the subsonic filter on the Devialet? Do you find it sufficient?

I use the default 1976 RIAA curve which, correctly, has a sub 20Hz warp filter included in the Devialet implementation.
In fact only an extremely well matched arm/cartridge (if any) will give remotely accurate replay at 20Hz.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Thank you very much, that's it! I only have Play Bach vol. 1 & 2 so I did not find it in these records, this Gavotte appears in "The Best of Play Bach" but I could not find the original release.
I really like this version of the Gavotte taken from the Orchestral Suite n°3 In D major BWV 1068.
Best regards,
Sylvain

f1eng ='1404745841' Wrote:
(04-Jul-2014, 16:37)Sylvain27 Wrote: Hello,
does someone knows the references of the music we can ear in this video? I have asked Devialet,
but I did not get any reply at the moment.
Best regards,
Sylvain

Jacques Loussier Play Bach ? (not sure which one): Gavotte in D Major.

I am a big Jacques Loussier fan. A lot of Bach lovers seem to disapprove, but most certainly do not!
Devialet 800, Focal Utopia Diva (SAM), Roon 1.3 (build 242, Devialet Air in Roon) + Audio PC (customized Windows 10) + Android app
France