Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
200 on its Way.
(24-May-2015, 14:45)amabrok Wrote:
(24-May-2015, 14:32)rwjr44 Wrote:
(24-May-2015, 10:19)amabrok Wrote:
(23-May-2015, 23:39)Yippedidou Wrote: I see in your sig that you have an Aurender X100L. A good USB cable and you're all set. I use the Aurender app and stream Tidal from there as well. The sound is fantastic and the Aurender app is robust and stable.

How would you rate sound quality of music steamed from Tidal via Aurender vs music played back from its internal storage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't tried Tidal yet. Smile  Soon.

I'm disappointed with Tidal streaming on Aurender!  Sound quality is by far inferior to the awesome sound quality I get from Aurender when playing locally stored tracks

Let me know about your experience

Which is why I don't use streaming. Since retiring (mostly), I find that I have so much music (probably much less than many here) that I haven't listened to in years; so I have been randomly "streaming" music through JRiver in the office and through Synology -> iPhone/iPad as I do other things.  Big Grin  It has been working well for me.

I hear about new releases through reading (it seems everyone wants to tell me about their latest and greatest finds) and usually the samples is enough for me to decide.

Well I went considerably of topic, my apologies.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
(24-May-2015, 18:18)rwjr44 Wrote:
(24-May-2015, 14:45)amabrok Wrote:
(24-May-2015, 14:32)rwjr44 Wrote:
(24-May-2015, 10:19)amabrok Wrote:
(23-May-2015, 23:39)Yippedidou Wrote: I see in your sig that you have an Aurender X100L. A good USB cable and you're all set. I use the Aurender app and stream Tidal from there as well. The sound is fantastic and the Aurender app is robust and stable.

How would you rate sound quality of music steamed from Tidal via Aurender vs music played back from its internal storage?

I haven't tried Tidal yet. Smile  Soon.

I'm disappointed with Tidal streaming on Aurender!  Sound quality is by far inferior to the awesome sound quality I get from Aurender when playing locally stored tracks

Let me know about your experience

Which is why I don't use streaming. Since retiring (mostly), I find that I have so much music (probably much less than many here) that I haven't listened to in years; so I have been randomly "streaming" music through JRiver in the office and through Synology -> iPhone/iPad as I do other things.  Big Grin  It has been working well for me.

I hear about new releases through reading (it seems everyone wants to tell me about their latest and greatest finds) and usually the samples is enough for me to decide.

Well I went considerably of topic, my apologies.
I find the same. Quality is definitely not on par with the music on the Aurender. Essentially, I use Tidal for background music and that doesnt happen often. Serious listening is done with the files I have mostly on the internal HDD of the Aurender. When I bought it, i decided to rip all my cds on a NAS. I mostly use the internal HDs of the Aurender for my Hi Rez files ( I have lots of 24/96 and 192 ) and the music I listen regularly. Ripping all my cds made me discover enough hidden gems for listening for the rest of my life I guess. It has been a long task but also a very rewarding one.

Tidal is good to discover new music and I use it essentially with my iphone and Senns IE800 IEMs when I'm out of the house.
Dedicated Mains >Crystal Standard Power Cables >Aurender X100L >Locus Design Essentia USB >D200 >Siltech 330L >Dynaudio C1 Signature
Montréal

Big Grin 
Well, I am up and running. I need to arrange my interconnects and reposition my rack and speakers. I listened to music for a few hours and I am pleased. Heart I still need to test run my turntable.

The 8.0 update and advanced configuration went well except I can't find the ICM switch. I'll just assume that it is "off" by default. I used a 32gb SD (formatted as FAT) as a test and it worked.

The only real problem is that my power cord's (Synergistic Precision) plug is too fat. I think I can get the cover on if I push hard but I'll save that for another day.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
It's great to share the findings of fellow new owners of the Devialet 200. I am since yesterday!

I have to say the auditioned (and breaked in) one sounded better, so despite Devialet says there is no break in time it seems that's not true (or there is something else the matter). After a few hours playing it started to sound better but i am still missing the airy sound of the review example. Don't get me wrong, it already sounds very good, but not great (yet). How long does it take before you can consider the Devialet breaked in?

Another question, is it correct the air software does not work on Windows 2012 R2 server?
Devialet 250 Expert Pro / Nordost Valhalla Bi-Wire / Sonus Faber Olympica II
Anthem MRX 710 / B&W MT-60D
Paul Hynes SR7/T LPS / Intel Core i7 NUC-Plato X7D with Roon Lifetime / Melco S100 Switch with 2 x Ansuz Ethernet A2
Dr. Feickert Woodpecker II with Inertia Platter / Dr. Feickert Linear / Jelco TK-850L Arm / Shelter 501 III Cartridge

Power: AQ Niagara 3000 with AQ Tornado to Furutech wall outlet <-> Doepke DFS 2 F Audio Fuse Box and 3 x AQ Blizzard to Components
(23-May-2015, 23:39)Yippedidou Wrote: Welcome to Devialet! Being a music lover for more than 30 years, I can only say that I enjoy every minute with my d200. I too am new to it.  It's a fantastic machine.

I see in your sig that you have an Aurender X100L. A good USB cable and you're all set. I use the Aurender app and stream Tidal from there as well. The sound is fantastic and the Aurender app is robust and stable.

PS How do you like your Invicta? I had the Mirus for a couple year. Great DAC.

Love your profile picture  Tongue
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.