Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you integrate your sub(s)?
Hi all

I'm using JL Audio Fathom F113 sub together with a Magico S1
since Magico can do 35HZ i just set low-pass filter for JL 33HZ and its sounds not bad at all.
now checking with SAM or no SAM to see what is the best option.

very interesting though to see other people setups.
Devialet 800| B&W 802 Diamond | JL 113 | Linn Akurate DS + Denon HEOS for Spotify | Stealth Reverie speaker cables| Audioprana AES/RCA | DH LABS PC 
To the poster above, or any others -> How are you liking the Magico S1 ?
There is a set available nearby to me I and I'm thinking I should snag them.

I don't have a Devialet ... YET ... but I am working towards a 200.
I have all of my traditional gear up for sale, and once one of the bigger pieces moves, I will order my 200.
As a starter speaker, I already have LS50 arriving next week.

Happy Holidays to All ! - Andy ( Waterloo, Canada )
I found that once I bought the Devialet and turned on SAM, my subs didn't want to integrate well even crossed over at 35hz so it seems I'm just fine with out them.
(24-Dec-2014, 20:34)ARL67 Wrote: To the poster above, or any others -> How are you liking the Magico S1 ?
There is a set available nearby to me I and I'm thinking I should snag them.

I don't have a Devialet ... YET ... but I am working towards a 200.
I have all of my traditional gear up for sale, and once one of the bigger pieces moves, I will order my 200.
As a starter speaker, I already have LS50 arriving next week.

Happy Holidays to All ! - Andy ( Waterloo, Canada )

Magicos are great for medium to small rooms, you should go listen and see if it's for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(24-Dec-2014, 21:11)Dr Tone Wrote: I found that once I bought the Devialet and turned on SAM, my subs didn't want to integrate well even crossed over at 35hz so it seems I'm just fine with out them.

I lowered cross now to 30hz but I don't like how it's integrating , so came to same conclusion that's it's better leave everything as is and listen without Sub.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Devialet 800| B&W 802 Diamond | JL 113 | Linn Akurate DS + Denon HEOS for Spotify | Stealth Reverie speaker cables| Audioprana AES/RCA | DH LABS PC 
    Hello:

I guess what I am doing is pretty unorthodox...I use stereo sub (pre-out) with a Low Pass Filter at 220Hz. The gain on the backs of the subs need to be turned down to properly level match. The mains have high-pass filter at the same frequency and both 4th order XO. The XO at 220 matches the subs natural frequency roll-off and I've liked the additional impact this provides.

I've messed with 45/60/80/90/120/180/220 XO's with 1,2,3 and 4 order slopes. Using REW, 120 XO had the smoothest frequency response but my ears told me that I preferred the 220 XO...

Basically I use the subs as bass drivers. I do not have any other experience with other stereo subs but to my ear it is a definite improvement. The SVS F/R is 19-220Hz +/- 3dB and the Mains is 35-22K +/- 3dB (XO is 2500 Hz).

Happy New Year.
Devialet 400; KEF Reference 3; custom built Server 2012 with JRiver & Audiophile Optimizer; med grade wall socket; 10 AWG speaker cable bi-wire & un-terminated; AudioQuest Carbon USB with Jitterbug; Shunyata Venom 3 power cables.
I just bought a D120 with the optional pre-out board and KEF LS-50's. I'm trying this setup a KEF R400b sub. I read here that others have set the active speaker crossover on the Devialet to around 80Hz 4th order and ran the sub full range and used the subs crossover?

However, in the configurator for the D120, the speaker crossover adjustments are greyed out? I checked on the configurator for the D200 and they are no longer greyed out. Does this mean that the D120 does not have an active crossover or do I just not get the use of it because I bought the entry level model?? I can't find anything it the literature which says it's only an option from the D200 and up??
(22-Jan-2015, 19:46)audiophile911 Wrote: I just bought a D120 with the optional pre-out board and KEF LS-50's.  I'm trying this setup a KEF R400b sub.  I read here that others have set the active speaker crossover on the Devialet to around 80Hz 4th order and ran the sub full range and used the subs crossover?

However, in the configurator for the D120, the speaker crossover adjustments are greyed out?  I checked on the configurator for the D200 and they are no longer greyed out.  Does this mean that the D120 does not have an active crossover or do I just not get the use of it because I bought the entry level model??  I can't find anything it the literature which says it's only an option from the D200 and up??

I think they might be greyed out because you have SAM selected in the Configurator?
(22-Jan-2015, 21:26)Confused Wrote:
(22-Jan-2015, 19:46)audiophile911 Wrote: I just bought a D120 with the optional pre-out board and KEF LS-50's.  I'm trying this setup a KEF R400b sub.  I read here that others have set the active speaker crossover on the Devialet to around 80Hz 4th order and ran the sub full range and used the subs crossover?

However, in the configurator for the D120, the speaker crossover adjustments are greyed out?  I checked on the configurator for the D200 and they are no longer greyed out.  Does this mean that the D120 does not have an active crossover or do I just not get the use of it because I bought the entry level model??  I can't find anything it the literature which says it's only an option from the D200 and up??

I think they might be greyed out because you have SAM selected in the Configurator?

OK I will need to check this. If I can't use the xovers, what's the best way to integrated my sub?