Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AIR WIFI not streaming
I use my D250 (updated from D-P) either for streaming from my MacPro via ethernet or occasionally streaming via WIFI from my laptop. The ethernet connection usually works very well even when setup with a fixed IP.

Recently, however, when trying to stream music from my Macbook Air using WIFI, I notice that it just doesn't work:

Setup:
Firmware 7.1 (installed twice, just to be sure)
DevialetAIR 2.1.2
OSX: 10.8.5
iTunes: 11.2.2

The D250 is connected to the router and WLAN (also in the D250's system information it shows as connected to the network);
The AIR application on my Macbook is black and shows a connection to MyDevialet-WIFI ;
The system preference Sound output is on AIR;
When I play a piece on iTunes there is no sound from the D250.

Restarting my devices didn't help.

What can be the problem? Could it be that somebody hacked into the D and changed something (as it is always scanning and theoretically accessable from the iNet)?

Your help would be appreciated.
When you restarted did you power down and unplug everything. Sometimes I have found that necessary.

Have you looked at the Devialet information menus to see that the signal strength there correlates with that on the MacBook Pro and also on iStumbler and iiSIDDer if you use those?
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(06-Jul-2014, 00:10)IanG-UK Wrote: When you restarted did you power down and unplug everything. Sometimes I have found that necessary.

Not every time, because it reloads the firmware which takes a long time.

(06-Jul-2014, 00:10)IanG-UK Wrote: Have you looked at the Devialet information menus to see that the signal strength there correlates with that on the MacBook Pro and also on iStumbler and iiSIDDer if you use those?

As I mentioned, I looked at the information menus and s/n was right. In fact, the D is not located very far from the router.