Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Badly compressed album
It doesn't seem to be a large part for me. Or is it my bad luck that most of the titles that I wanted to purchase are not "Sublimed"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(27-May-2015, 21:10)amabrok Wrote: It doesn't seem to be a large part for me.  Or is it my bad luck that most of the titles that I  wanted to purchase are not "Sublimed"

I read somewhere that there's another check point in the bankruptcy protection in June so it may that Qobuz are trying to get as much money committed in subscriptions as possible now. I really hope they survive as IMHO they offer the best lossless streaming service available. 
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Qobuz have just offered me an HD album of my choice which I think is jolly nice of them.  Smile

Downloading Chris Potter's Imaginary Cities now.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Sounds great. I assume you communicated with them in French.

Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(28-May-2015, 10:40)amabrok Wrote: Sounds great.  I assume you communicated with them in French.

Actually no, in English!

I just told them I didn't like the sound quality of The Epic and they offered me a no quibble exchange!

On a serious note though I can't believe the SQ problem wasn't picked up more widely (since it is that bad!). There are loads of reviews of the new album and they are mainly glowing. 

Just goes to show we are now in the Spotify era of bluetooth speakers and Sonos systems. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK