Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Qobuz Sublime, maybe not now!
I posted this feedback in another thread but thought to initiate a dedicated thread for it to share with you all my experience.

I have a disappointing experience with Qobuz Sublime subscription. They lock you in for one year in advance and in return one would get high resolution albums for a 30-60% discount! The trick is very few titles are in that offer and when I wrote to Qobuz they responded that they don't have agreements in place with all labels!

OIf course, when I reviewed their website I noticed a disclaimer at the bottom of the page in a very small font stating that the discount is on selected titles. While this is still legal I believe it is unlawful.

Maybe not now, but in time when they have more titles in their catalogue included in the Sublime reduced prices then it may make sense.

Regards
Amgad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
I think you have to bear in mind the difference between their previous top tier subscription (sorry cannot remember the name) at 199.00 per year, and the new Sublime tier which is 219.00. That's not a lot of extra to give 30-60% discount across the board on all their music. It was always going to be selected titles only.
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
(27-May-2015, 14:02)AllenB Wrote: I think you have to bear in mind the difference between their previous top tier subscription (sorry cannot remember the name) at 199.00 per year, and the new Sublime tier which is 219.00. That's not a lot of extra to give 30-60% discount across the board on all their music. It was always going to be selected titles only.

But that is the thing. It is not a discount across the whole catalogue. It is only on very selected titles.

Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis

Dubai, UAE
I'm not defending Qobuz, just that an extra 20.00 on their subscription rates for Sublime, does not give a lot of wriggle room for discounts, especially across their whole music library. I agree with you, 'selected titles' should be right there in the main blurb that accompanies the Sublime description.
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
Having said that, I still believe that SQ wise they are still the best CD quality streaming service out there

Dubai, UAE
I have a french account on Qobuz (although I live in Belgium) and there are many albums available with a discount for Sublime account (often as cheap or even cheaper than the CD quality). I suppose it depends from country to country...
It would make our lives easy if Qobuz openly say how many albums in their catalogue are Sublimed

Also it will be even easier if they make a tab or a section on their website for all Sublimed albums.

Dubai, UAE
Qobuz, the French high-quality music service, raises 10 million euros to consolidate its future developments Rolleyes

https://qobuznewsroom.com/2020/09/21/qob...elopments/
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria