Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
HQPlayer
I“m new to HQPlayer which is a shame as it is really a huge improvement. I use the default filters poly-sinc-gauss-long and poly-sinc-gauss-hires-lp with lps15. I tried a lot of other filters, but this seems to be the best. Also only uses 2% CPU. I also use the Zen Stream as it supports NAA.

@Confused : instead of the Mutec you should use an ifi Spdif Purifier and a good optical cable to connect to the Devialet. Big improvement to the Zen.
HQPlayer has evolved over time.
So very interested to hear how the Devialet community is using it, setup & settings.
I have the Holo Audio Red which is a great and highly flexible steamer. There is also an own HQPlayer OS/HQPlayer Embedded image as well as an HQPlayer NAA image available for even more optimized performance. The Holo Red is connected via AES/EBU to the Devialet.

Btw: there is also a new iPad app HQPlayer Client 5 providing nice features like filter changes on the fly to compare various settings etc: https://apps.apple.com/at/app/signalyst-...6476695457
I just tested HoloAudio Red with Devialet 1000 Pro CI. Tested connections via AES/EBU and also USB. I do prefer ethernet directly to Devialet. Holo didn't sound so good.

Didn't test with HQPlayer.
For best sound quality the Holo Red should be used with an optimized OS like HQPlayer OS or a NAA image. It can then also be used with the highly comfortable Jplay app.
(18-Feb-2024, 10:04)markush Wrote: For best sound quality the Holo Red should be used with an optimized OS like HQPlayer OS or a NAA image. It can then also be used with the highly comfortable Jplay app.
I did use Roipeee with Holo because Red OS didn't support ROON Bridge anymore.
Smile 
(18-Feb-2024, 10:04)markush Wrote: For best sound quality the Holo Red should be used with an optimized OS like HQPlayer OS or a NAA image. It can then also be used with the highly comfortable Jplay app.

I find NAA working best in NAA OS or on Gentooplayer,
Greetings.
markus8?
Smile
Fanless HdPlex (HQPlayer) -> Merging Hapi -> Genelec 8351B
Yes if you have a computer running HQPlayer it’s best to have just the HQPlayer NAA OS on the streamer for best sound quality.

And for all Devialet users this might be interesting - Message from the developer of HQPlayer

Dither options only apply to PCM outputs. Since available bandwidth of 192k output rate is rather limited, it is better to use a flat dither in such case, such as TPDF or Gauss1 (instead of noise-shaped ones).
(17-Feb-2024, 13:57)markush Wrote: HQPlayer has evolved over time.
So very interested to hear how the Devialet community is using it, setup & settings.
I have the Holo Audio Red which is a great and highly flexible steamer. There is also an own HQPlayer OS/HQPlayer Embedded image as well as an HQPlayer NAA image available for even more optimized performance. The Holo Red is connected via AES/EBU to the Devialet.

Btw: there is also a new iPad app HQPlayer Client 5 providing nice features like filter changes on the fly to compare various settings etc: https://apps.apple.com/at/app/signalyst-...6476695457

Very interesting news, from my point of view.
Is it possible to use the Holo Red as a roon core or we always need some computer device to do that job?
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.
(26-Mar-2024, 12:45)BoyScout Wrote:
(17-Feb-2024, 13:57)markush Wrote: HQPlayer has evolved over time.

Very interesting news, from my point of view.
Is it possible to use the Holo Red as a roon core or we always need some computer device to do that job?

It's an end point only.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.