Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Weak Companion/Right Channel on Monoblocks
The whole thing with this was from the begining that a 200 had better stereo image than a 400, not that a 400 sounds bad in any way just that some of us that upgraded from a 200 feels that some things is not so good as it could be. If Devialet did adress this in 7.1.1 maybe there is more to do, who knows.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Just got further clarification from Devialet that the master clock is sent to the slave for synchronization.
Laufer Teknik Memory Player - Atlas Mavros S/PDIF x 2 - Mutec MC-3+ USB Reclocker - Sablon Panatella BNC-SPDIF Digital Cable - LampizatOr Big 7 Tube DAC
Ayre Acoustics AX5-Twenty Amplifier - Rockport Technologies Cygnus Loudspeakers - Rel Gibralter G1 Six Pack Subs - Siltech Princess XLR - Ear to Ear Cables and PCs - Canada
Amazingly, after years of NOT having this issue, it has mysteriously returned...
Did anyone ever sort it out?
It results in a "smeared" central image that tends to come more from one side than the other- as if the artist is standing off-centre, but there is still some central image.. hard to describe but VERY annoying...
Kind regards,
David.
Shy
Currently: MacMini with Tidal, Qobuz Roon via RAAT / Cat7 Ethernet cable / Devialet 1000 Expert Pro CI (the BIG dogs!)/ Analysis Plus Oval 9 cable / Hyperion Audio 968 / Cheap cable to homemade, 12 inch powered subwoofers.
(04-Feb-2021, 01:49)ICUDoc Wrote: Amazingly, after years of NOT having this issue, it has mysteriously returned...
Did anyone ever sort it out?
It results in a "smeared" central image that tends to come more from one side than the other- as if the artist is standing off-centre, but there is still some central image.. hard to describe but VERY annoying...

Well. It turns out I had set the delay on L and R channels different from each other.
It came to me tonight when I got home and was thinking about it.
Thanks, all. It WAS about time delay Smile
Kind regards,
David.
Shy
Currently: MacMini with Tidal, Qobuz Roon via RAAT / Cat7 Ethernet cable / Devialet 1000 Expert Pro CI (the BIG dogs!)/ Analysis Plus Oval 9 cable / Hyperion Audio 968 / Cheap cable to homemade, 12 inch powered subwoofers.
I would rather try the factory reset than adding delay.

I assume even if there were some problems with sync 5 years ago - it should be fixed till now.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7